Registration Information & Refund Policies
We are only accepting online registrations at this time.
To register, visit the Community Education Registration Page.
If you are a first time user, you must complete a one-time account setup with a valid email address. For payment, we accept VISA, MasterCard or Discover.
New to registering online? In-person lessons with guided support will be offered in the computer lab twice a week at the following times:
- Tuesdays from 12:00 noon - 1:30 pm
- Thursdays from 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Wheeler Community Center - Computer Lab
24076 F.V. Pankow Blvd.
Clinton Township, MI 48036
*You must have an email address already established to attend.
Note: If you are registering for a school club and paying by check, it should be made payable to L'Anse Creuse Community Education.
There is a service fee of $25.00 for all returned checks.
The well-being and safety of L’Anse Creuse students, families and community members is of utmost importance. We remain committed to providing education and enrichment programs throughout the district and are proud of the practices and efforts we have put into place to minimize the spread of COVID-19 within our buildings.
In order to maintain a safe environment for all, and following the MDHHS guidelines, L’Anse Creuse has implemented many safety procedures and protocols at all buildings to minimize the spread of illness and these will also be required for all in-person Community Education activities. Thank you for your support in keeping our schools and other facilities open and safe so everyone can continue to benefit from the outstanding education and programs we provide in L’Anse Creuse.
Registration Policy and Procedures
The Community Education Department does not mail, fax or call to confirm your registration. If a class is canceled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
If a class or trip that you are interested in is filled, you can register for the waitlist for that event. If a space becomes available, you will be contacted to process your registration and payment. Waitlist contacts are made in the order they are received. Always register early to secure your place in a class or trip. Timely registrations also help ensure that the events are not canceled due to low enrollment!
Additional Registration Information
- Age Minimum: No one under 16 years of age will be admitted to classes for adults.
- Supplies: Please DO NOT purchase materials until you have contacted our office or the instructor to verify the class is being held. The tuition fee is for the class only. All fees for materials, supplies, kitchen fees, books, etc. are extra and payable to the instructor.
- Inclement Weather: If the L'Anse Creuse Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather, building issues, or other unforeseen circumstances, Community Education classes held in the school district buildings are canceled. Please check your local news station for updates or the district website at www.lc-ps.org. If classes are held at out-of-district locations, it is at the discretion of that location and/or the instructor whether events are canceled. Please inquire with that facility directly. Trips will go on as scheduled unless you are notified otherwise.
- Class Cancellation: There may be instances that the Community Education Department must cancel classes due to low enrollment, inclement weather, building problems or other unforeseen circumstances. We will attempt to make up classes as long as building and instructor schedules permit. If a class is canceled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund. If a class is canceled due to inclement weather, building problems, or situations out of our control, and cannot be made up or should the student not be able to attend the make-up class(es), there will be no refunds issued.
Registration fees will not be prorated for missed class sessions.
Why should you register early?
- To ensure you or your child have a place in a class or program
- To avoid canceled classes or programs due to low enrollment
- To allow the Community Education Department time to plan for additional classes or programs if possible
Refunds can be requested by calling the Community Education office at (586) 783-6330.
- No refunds will be issued after the second class session meets, regardless of reason.
- No refunds will be issued for one session classes.
- No refunds will be issued for trips and tours.
- No prorated refunds will be issued for missed class sessions.
A $7.00 service fee per person, per class will be deducted from all requested refunds for classes.
If a class is canceled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund in the same payment method used to register for the class (credit card or check). Payments made with cash will be refunded with a check.