Registration Information & Refund Policies
We are accepting online registrations at this time.
If you are a first time user, you must complete a one-time account setup with a valid email address. For payment, we accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
Note: If you are registering for a school club and paying by check, it should be made payable to L'Anse Creuse Community Education.
There is a service fee of $25.00 for all returned checks.
Registration Policy and Procedures
The Community Education Department does not mail, fax or call to confirm your registration. If a class is canceled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
If a class or trip that you are interested in is filled, you can register for the waitlist for that event. If a space becomes available, you will be contacted to process your registration and payment. Waitlist contacts are made in the order they are received. Always register early to secure your place in a class or trip. Timely registrations also helps to ensure that the events are not canceled due to low enrollment!
Additional Registration Information
- Age Minimum: No one under 16 years of age will be admitted to classes for adults.
- Supplies: Please DO NOT purchase materials until you have contacted our office or the instructor to verify the class is being held. The tuition fee is for the class only. All fees for materials, supplies, kitchen fees, books, etc. are extra and payable to the instructor.
- Inclement Weather: If the L'Anse Creuse Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather, building issues, or other unforeseen circumstances, Community Education classes held in the school district buildings are canceled. Please check your local news station for updates or the district website at www.lc-ps.org. If classes are held at out-of-district locations, it is at the discretion of that location and/or the instructor whether events are canceled. Please inquire with that facility directly. Trips will go on as scheduled unless you are notified otherwise.
- Class Cancellation: There may be instances that the Community Education Department must cancel classes due to low enrollment, inclement weather, building problems or other unforeseen circumstances. We will attempt to make up classes as long as building and instructor schedules permit. If a class is canceled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund. If a class is canceled due to inclement weather, building problems, or situations out of our control, and cannot be made up or should the student not be able to attend the make-up class(es), there will be no refunds issued.
Registration fees will not be prorated for missed class sessions.
Why should you register early?
- To ensure you or your child have a place in a class or program
- To avoid canceled classes or programs due to low enrollment
- To allow the Community Education Department time to plan for additional classes or programs if possible
Refunds can be requested by calling the Community Education office at (586) 783-6330.
- No refunds will be issued after the second class session meets, regardless of reason.
- No refunds will be issued for one session classes.
- No refunds will be issued for trips and tours, unless there is a waitlist and someone is able to fill your spot.
- Individual courses may have different policies on refunds. Please see course description for full details.
- No prorated refunds will be issued for missed class sessions.
A $7.00 service fee per person, per class will be deducted from all requested refunds for classes.
If a class is canceled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund in the same payment method used to register for the class (credit card or check). Payments made with cash will be refunded with a check.