Safety in L'Anse Creuse
At L’Anse Creuse Public Schools the safety of our students is our number one priority. We are using this opportunity to review and recommit to our district safety procedures.
We have strong safety practices in place including the following:
- Our emergency management plan has been in place and continues to be updated with local law enforcement and/or recommendations from the county, state and national authorities.
- All exterior doors are locked, except for the front entrance into the school office area.
- Each school is designed to direct all outside visitors to check-in with a staff member at arrival.
- All elementary and middle schools, as well as the Pankow Center, have a “sally-port” entrance.
- The high schools are staffed with personnel at the main entrance.
- All outside visitors are required to sign in at the office at all schools.
- All classrooms are equipped with telephones.
- Radio-controlled walkie-talkies are used throughout the buildings.
- All schools have security cameras inside and outside of the buildings capturing images of entryways.
- Our district requires that each school routinely practice security drills throughout the year. Reviews of drills are used to revise and refine our practices.
- Deputy liaison officers are assigned to each high school and provide support to the entire district.
- Administrators and our deputy liaisons have forged a strong working relationship with local law enforcement officers and will continue to report unusual behaviors to maintain the safety of our students.
- Buses are equipped with cameras.
- All buildings are equipped with emergency generators.
We thank you for your continued support and assistance in keeping all of our children safe. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your building principal.