About the Class
- 1 year program
- Grades 10, 11, 12
- 2 hour block 2.0 credit / year
- Recommended Courses: 2 years English, Math and Science
Medical Investigations is a yearlong course. This program will provide students with an explorative path into diagnostic health careers with an emphasis on clinical (laboratory) skills and procedures. Examples of skills include: microbiology (plate streaking and gram staining of bacteria), microscopy (compound microscope), hematology (ABO blood typing, blood cell identification), and micro-pipetting. In addition, students will learn about teamwork, safety, communication, legal issues, employability and information technology as it relates to the field of healthcare. NOTE: Successful completion of this course fulfills the following high school graduation requirements: Credit in Visual, Performing or Applied Arts OR the third science requirement
Available only at the Pankow Center
To provide students with the academic foundation and clinical skills needed for employment as a medical assistant.
- Career Technical Student Organization: HOSA (Health Occupations Student Association)
- Certifications: Pankow 1-year CTE Skill Certificate upon successful completion of program.
- Articulation: Macomb Community College (pending)