Career & Technical Education
The L'Anse Creuse Public Schools provides all students at the high school level with opportunities to make informed decisions about their future. The Frederick V. Pankow Center offers Career and Technical Education programs that are designed to foster pathways into potential career choices. These elective experiences provide students with entry level skills and a survey level understanding of the opportunities in each career pathway.
These same programs are also currently available for high school juniors and seniors attending Austin Catholic, Clintondale High School, Grosse Pointe South High School, Lake Shore, Lakeview, Lutheran North, Merritt Academy, Mount Clemens, New Haven, and Richmond through consortium agreements.
The Frederick V. Pankow Center
The Pankow Center provides programs that prepare students for jobs that are in demand and that offer long-range career opportunities. L'Anse Creuse students may choose to participate in the more specialized technical preparation curricula at the Pankow Center. Many of the programs begin as early as the tenth grade and continue toward a two or four-year degree at a technical school, community college, or university. Students enrolled in Career and Technical Education will be prepared to enter fields of work, which lead to more economically rewarding positions.
The programs offered at the Pankow Center are staffed by certified instructors and supported by a Career Development Facilitator and a Work-Based Learning/Externship Coordinator.
Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses:
Arts and Communications
- Graphic Arts & Design Technology
- TV and Broadcast Media/English Broadcast Journalism
Business, Management, Marketing and Technology
- Marketing (available at LCHS-N and LCHS)
- Advanced Marketing (available at LCHS-N and LCHS)
- Intro to Computer Programming and Game Design
- PC Servicing and Networking/Intro to Cyber Security
Engineering / Manufacturing & Industrial Technology
- Automotive Collision & Refinishing
- Automotive Technology 1 & 2
- Construction Technology
- Mechanical Drafting
- Health Occupations
- Medical Investigations/Phlebotomy
- Sports Medicine, Physical Therapy & Occupational Therapy
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Early Childhood Education
- Hospitality Tourism Management
Natural Resources & Agri-Science
- Horticulture Science
Externship is available for most programs.