Career & College Exploration
Click below to learn about college exploration events and local employment and training opportunities for current high school students and graduates:
Career & College Exploration District Events:
- Career Night - Every March from 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- College Night at the Pankow Center - Every April from 6:00-7:30 pm
- Free event - open to 10-12 th graders, high school graduates, community college students and families. Meet and greet over 60 representatives from colleges, universities, technical/skill training schools, and branches of the military (ROTC, active and reserve) from across Michigan and beyond!
- Transportation Career Day - Every May (4th Graders ONLY) Hosted by Pankow Center students. A unique career day event for 4th grade students from across the district to visit the Pankow Center and explore careers which require special vehicles for the job.
Career Exploration - High School Students:
Going Pro with Professional Trades Careers in Michigan - Explore some of Michigan's most in-demand careers in the Professional Trades and where you can get trained.
Pure Michigan Talent CONNECT- Skilled Trades - Learn about high demand jobs in Michigan in areas such as; healthcare, information technology, advanced manufacturing, construction and automotive.
Manufacturing Day (MFG Day)-First Friday of every October. A field trip to local Advanced Manufacturing Businesses where students can learn about the some of the most promising careers available. See MFG Day Videos for more information.
Apprenticships.GOV - Your one-stop source for all things apprenticeships.
MI Apprenticeship - Find out about how to become an apprentice and find apprenticeship opportunities.
MAT 2 - Michigan Advanced Technical Training - Combines state-of-the-art training with curriculum designed for current industry needs in areas of Mechatronics, Information Technology, CNC and Technical Product Design.
Fori Automation Careers/Apprenticeship Program - a local automation company focused on the next generation of advanced manufacturing and which offers several programs to those looking to start their career.
Baker College Open House - Tour a modern facility and explore 100+plus programs in a variety of disciplines including business, engineering, education, IT, nursing, health sciences, legal studies, psychology and more!
Carnegie Institute Meet & Greet - for students who may benefit from smaller class sizes, individual attention and training in the allied health industry after high school graduation.
Macomb Community College - Check out some of the following Skilled programs offered through Macomb Community College:
- Career Academies at Macomb Community College - Short-term learning experiences for high school students. Identify your career goals and earn credit!
- MAP + Apprenticeship Program at Macomb Community College - Areas of Specialty: Advanced Manufacturing and Construction.
- Welding Fundamentals
- Quality Control Technician
- Multi-Skilled Technician Training
- CNC Machining
- CRT (Controls Robotics Technician Certificate)
Oakland University Camps for High School Teens - A unique pre-college experience for high school teens with interest in exploring careers in Healthcare, Engineering and Computer Science, Aerial and Ground Robotics, Criminal Justice, Business and Graphic Arts.
We are always in need of career volunteers for this event! If you would like to participate, please contact Anna Geikas-Los at: email@example.com or call 586.783.6570 x 1323.
Specific Career Titles in Need Are:
Healthcare Physicians, Technicians, Assistants & Healthcare Administrative & IT
Energy, Utilities and Environmental
All IT, All Engineering, All Design, All Mechanics
All Management, Financial Services, Accounting, Purchasing
Manufacturing, Logistics, Material Management, Warehousing
Arts and Entertainment, Media, Marketing
Hotel, Leisure, Travel