Career & College Exploration
Click below to learn about college exploration events and local employment and training opportunities for current high school students and graduates:
Career & College Exploration District Events:
- Career Night - Held in March - 2020 (see Calendar for more details)
- College Night at the Pankow Center- Held in April (TBD) - 2020 - Free event - open to 10-12 th graders, high school graduates, community college students and families. Meet and greet over 60 representatives from colleges, universities, technical/skill training schools, and branches of the military (ROTC, active and reserve) from across Michigan and beyond!
- Transportation Career Day - Every May (4th Graders ONLY) Hosted by Pankow Center students. A unique career day event for 4th grade students from across the district to visit the Pankow Center and explore careers which require special vehicles for the job.
Career Exploration - High School Students:
Going Pro with Professional Trades Careers in Michigan - Explore some of Michigan's most in-demand careers in the Professional Trades and where you can get trained.
Pure Michigan Talent CONNECT- Skilled Trades - Learn about high demand jobs in Michigan in areas such as; healthcare, information technology, advanced manufacturing, construction and automotive.
Manufacturing Day (MFG Day)-First Friday of every October. A field trip to local Advanced Manufacturing Businesses where students can learn about the some of the most promising careers available. See MFG Day Videos for more information.
Apprenticships.GOV - Your one-stop source for all things apprenticeships.
MI Apprenticeship - Find out about how to become an apprentice and find apprenticeship opportunities.
MAT 2 - Michigan Advanced Technical Training - Combines state-of-the-art training with curriculum designed for current industry needs in areas of Mechatronics, Information Technology, CNC and Technical Product Design.
Fori Automation Careers/Apprenticeship Program - a local automation company focused on the next generation of advanced manufacturing and which offers several programs to those looking to start their career.
Baker College Open House - Tour a modern facility and explore 100+plus programs in a variety of disciplines including business, engineering, education, IT, nursing, health sciences, legal studies, psychology and more!
Carnegie Institute Meet & Greet - for students who may benefit from smaller class sizes, individual attention and training in the allied health industry after high school graduation.
Macomb Community College - Check out some of the following Skilled programs offered through Macomb Community College:
- Career Academies at Macomb Community College - Short-term learning experiences for high school students. Identify your career goals and earn credit!
- MAP + Apprenticeship Program at Macomb Community College - Areas of Specialty: Advanced Manufacturing and Construction.
- Welding Fundamentals
- Quality Control Technician
- Multi-Skilled Technician Training
- CNC Machining
- CRT (Controls Robotics Technician Certificate)
Oakland University Camps for High School Teens - A unique pre-college experience for high school teens with interest in exploring careers in Healthcare, Engineering and Computer Science, Aerial and Ground Robotics, Criminal Justice, Business and Graphic Arts.