Scholarship Opportunities - Pankow
Each year in March, the Frederick V. Pankow Center offers scholarship opportunities for SENIOR students who attend the Pankow Center, and or who are specifically in Career and Technical Education programs. Applications and current Pankow scholarship offerings will be made available to senior students in the Second semester through their Pankow Center class, or click the links below to print an application.
Recipient Selection for Pankow Center Scholarships:
Students must submit a completed application, an essay stating your career goals including why you deserve the scholarship, and a copy of your transcript. Additional items required; Two Professional Recommendations- One from a Pankow Teacher, and another from any Teacher or Non-Relative Adult. Financial need will be considered. Scholarship recipients are selected to receive the award by a committee of L'Anse Creuse Public Schools staff members.
Pankow Center scholarship winners will receive an invitation in April via US mail to attend and the Pankow Center Honors Night Ceremony held each May at the John Armstrong Performing Arts Auditorium from 6:30-8:00 pm. Scholarship winners will be announced that evening during the ceremony. Please check the annual calender for the exact date and time.
Recommendations and References:
All Pankow Center Scholarships require at least two references or recommendations; one from a Pankow Center Teacher, and one from another teacher or NON-Relative Adult. It is the students' responsibility to ask for, and obtain a reference. Always allow ample time for your references to complete the form or letter in time to be returned before the deadline. Staff members may use the form below. References from those outside the district may provide a typed letter of reference.
TEACHER RECOMMENDATION FORM-For L'Anse Creuse Public Schools staff only. Completed forms may be included in the student's packet along with the application, OR emailed to: Mrs. Geikas-Los. Staff may email or send in an envelope inter-office mail to The Pankow Center, Room 301.
The following scholarships are open in the second semester to Senior Career & Technical Education Students at the Pankow Center. Please read instructions for each carefully:
1. Frederick V. Pankow Center Career & Technical Education Scholarship Packet-General. Available to any Senior CTE student. Submit completed application to Room 301 of the Pankow Center.
2. Frederick V. Pankow Outstanding Senior Scholarship. Available to any Senior Pankow student (Minimum 3.0 GPA). Submit completed application to Room 301 of the Pankow Center.
3. Selfridge Chesterfield Lions Community Service Scholarship. Available to any senior student of the L'Anse Creuse School District. Must show exemplary effort in public safety, first responder or military community service. Submit completed application to Room 301 of the Pankow Center.
4. Glen Peters Memorial Scholarship Criteria for Selection - Available to L'Anse Creuse School District CTE Seniors only.
SEE ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS
APPLY HERE to the Glen Peters Memorial CTE Scholarship
State and Local Scholarship Opportunities
- Metro Detroit Youth Day Scholarship
- Michigan Schools & Government Credit Union Scholarships
- Mt.Clemens Lions Club - Lawrence F. Schott Jr. Memorial Scholarship
- Student Scholarships Search
- Student Scholarships.org
- Lake Trust Credit Union "New Beginnings" Scholarship
- Realtor Scholarship Fund
UPDATE: Due to the COVID-19 School Closing in March, the Pankow 2019-2020 Scholarship program was postponed until Fall 2020.
Scholarships are NOW available for ONLY 2020 Graduates who completed a program at the Pankow Center in the 2019-2020 school year.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: December 4, 2020, Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Click the links below to access the 2020 Graduate Scholarship Applications. Please be sure to follow instructions exactly! Each scholarship has specific instructions!
FVP Outstanding Senior For 2020 Graduate ONLY - $500 -one available -Any 2020 Graduate who completed at least a one year or more program at The Pankow Center.
FVP CTE Scholarship for 2020 Graduate ONLY- $500 - one available - Any 2020 Graduate who completed at least a one year CTE course at The Pankow Center.
Selfridge Chesterfield Lions Community Service Scholarship for 2020 ONLY - $500 each - two available - Community Service/Military Based for 2020 Graduates of L'Anse Creuse Public Schools ONLY.
TWO WAYS TO SUBMIT YOUR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION BY DECEMBER 4, 2020:
1. Scan and Email all required documents in one electronic folder or file to Mrs. Geikas-Los at email@example.com.
2. US Mail all required documents in one large envelope before December 4, 2020
Attn: Mrs. Geikas-Los RE: 2020 Scholarship
24600 FV Pankow Blvd Clinton Township, MI -48036
For questions, please email Mrs. Geikas-Los at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember, it is the students' responsibility to obtain two references from teachers and or a non-relative adult. Remember to always allow ample time to ask for, and receive your references. It is considered professional and customary to always send a Thank You to those who refer you AND also to the organization who awarded you a scholarship!