Scholarship Opportunities - Pankow
Each year in March, the Frederick V. Pankow Center offers scholarship opportunities for SENIOR students who attend the Pankow Center, and or who are specifically in Career and Technical Education programs. These scholarships are offered to assist Pankow students with post-secondary expenses. Information on how to apply is made available to senior students in the Second semester through their Pankow Center class.
Criteria for Pankow Center Scholarships:
Students must submit a completed application which includes typing an essay which clearly states the student's career goals and why they deserve the scholarship. Students must upload or submit a copy of their transcript and two Professional Recommendations - One from your Pankow Teacher, and another from any other Teacher or Non-Relative Adult. Financial need will be considered. See additional scholarship requirements for eligibility.
Recommendations and References:
All Pankow Center Scholarships require at least two references or recommendations; one from a Pankow Center Teacher, and one from another teacher or NON-Relative Adult. It is the students' responsibility to ask for, and obtain a reference. Always allow ample time for your references to complete the form or letter in time to be returned before the deadline. Staff members may use the form below. References from those outside the district may provide a typed letter of reference. It is customary to send a Thank You letter to all those who have written a recommendation or reference for you.
Scholarship Selection and Recognition:
Scholarship recipients are selected to receive the award by a committee of L'Anse Creuse Public Schools staff members.
Pankow Center scholarship winners will receive an invitation in April via US mail to attend and the Pankow Center Honors Night Ceremony held each May at the John Armstrong Performing Arts Auditorium from 6:30-8:00 pm. Scholarship winners will be announced that evening during the ceremony. Please check the annual calender for the exact date and time.
The following scholarships are open in the second semester to Senior Career & Technical Education Students at the Pankow Center. Please read instructions for each carefully. Be sure to have all your materials ready to upload before you apply. Google forms does not allow you to save once you begin!
FVP Scholarship Application Form:
1. Frederick V. Pankow Center Career & Technical Education Scholarship - $500 - One Available-open to any Senior student in a CTE class.
2. Frederick V. Pankow Outstanding Senior Scholarship - $500 - One Available-open to any Senior Pankow student (Minimum 3.0 GPA).
Students Must Be Enrolled In the Following Pankow CTE Courses to Be Eligible to Apply to Course Specific Scholarships Listed Below. See Additional Requirements:
1. Rotary of Mt. Clemens Pierson Memorial Scholarship - $500 - One Available - open to ONLY Senior Construction Technology/CAD or HVAC students. Click here for eligibility requirements.
2. Pankow Construction Technology Work Ethic Scholarship - $500 - One Available - open to ONLY Construction Technology students. Click here for eligibility requirements.
3. FV Pankow Automotive Collision & Refinishing Scholarship - $250 - One Available - open to ONLY Senior Auto Collision & Refinishing Technology students. Click here for eligibility requirements.
Additional L'Anse Creuse CTE Scholarships:
L'Anse Creuse Foundation Glen Peters Memorial Scholarship - $500 - Two available for each high school. Due April 1, 2021 - For only students who attend L'Anse Creuse High School or L'Anse Creuse High School North and enrolled in the Pankow Center CTE Courses.
More information on Scholarships.....
State and Local Scholarship Opportunities
- Metro Detroit Youth Day Scholarship
- Michigan Schools & Government Credit Union Scholarships
- Mt.Clemens Lions Club - Lawrence F. Schott Jr. Memorial Scholarship
- Student Scholarships Search
- Student Scholarships.org
- Lake Trust Credit Union "New Beginnings" Scholarship
- Realtor Scholarship Fund
Apply NOW for Pankow Center Scholarships! See additional details and application instructions. THE DEADLINE is March 5, 2021. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted!