Career Resources & Services at The Pankow Center - Room 301
The Pankow Center offers integral services and resources which support career development activities for students attending L'Anse Creuse Public Schools.
Career Resources and Services are provided by Mrs. Geikas-Los, a certified Career Development Facilitator (Oakland University), with a Master of Science in Human Resources Administration (Central Michigan University). Mrs. Los works directly with students and staff to promote career exploration opportunities, while facilitating the Educational Development Plan process through the online program called Career Cruising.
Students will update their Educational Development Plans (EDP) in Career Cruising with Mrs. Los annually from their home schools. Students who attend the Pankow Center may also schedule a visit with Mrs. Los to get further assistance with exploring their career paths, employability skills and resume writing; college search, scholarships, and financial aide.
For questions about the Educational Development Plan or Career Cruising, please contact:
Career Development Facilitator & Career Cruising Administrator
Frederick V. Pankow Center (586) 783-6570 x 1323
Resume Writing Resources for Students
Resume & Cover Letter Information
- Resume Template
- Resume Instructions/Examples
- PRE-Resume Worksheet
- Sample Combination Resume-Retail
- Sample Qualifications Statements
- Sample Accomplishments & Volunteer Statements
- Cover Letter Template
- Resume Action Words -Career Cruising
Tips for the Interview
Ideas for Qualifications for Resumes by CTE Program:
- Automotive Collision & Refinishing Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Construction Technology
- Culinary Arts
- Early Childhood Education
- Graphic Arts & Design Technology
- Horticulture Science
- Health Occupations
- Criminal Justice
- Business Management & Marketing Technology
- Computer Programming/Networking Qualifications
- Teacher Cadet
- Web Design
Michigan Works! - Visit a Macomb/St.Clair County Michigan Works! One-Stop Service Center and begin evaluating and strengthening your skills. Create or update a resume, sharpen your interview skills and more!
Career Information on the Internet
Career Cruising - Your one-stop information website and online portfolio. Great website for looking up job descriptions, job outlook, college and related information, scholarship and financial aide.
EVERY Student in the district grades 7th - 12th has a Career Cruising portfolio account! Log in and begin your exploration, record your experiences, activities and academic progress.
- Your username is: lcps-first initial, last name, last 3 digits on your student ID number
- Your Password format is: Your school student ID number, (no letters)
If you have questions or trouble logging in, you may also e-mail Mrs. Los, the district Career Cruising Administrator, for assistance.
MI Bright Future - An online tool which connects students with real-life professionals. Get insight on the education and skills needed for careers, read company profiles, and ask questions about career paths through virtual discussion boards. Students can also access MI Bright Future within their Career Cruising accounts.
Michigan Works! - Visit a Macomb/St. Clair County Michigan Works! One-Stop Service Center and begin evaluating and strengthening your skills. Create or update a resume, sharpen your interview skills and more!
US Bureau of Labor and Statistics - Career and Labor Market Information from the federal government.
US Department of Labor/Apprenticeships - Employers have hired over 583,000 Apprentices since January 1, 2017!
Apprenticeships.GOV - Your one-stop source for all things apprenticeships.
America's Career Infonet - Explore careers and employment information. Includes a video library of occupations.
Career One Stop - Your source for employment information and inspiration. The place to manage your career. Your pathway to career success.
O-NET Online Career Information and Assessments - The O*NET system serves as the nation's primary source of occupational information, providing comprehensive information on key attributes and characteristics of workers and occupations.
- Federal Financial Aid - FinAid was established in the fall of 1994 as a public service. This award-winning site has grown into the most comprehensive annotated collection of information about student financial aid on the web.
- FastWeb - FastWeb, the Internet's leading scholarship search service, helps students make the decisions that shape their lives: choosing a college, paying for college, and finding jobs and internships.
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators - Helpful information and documents to help with planning for college expenses.