Pankow Center Activities / Clubs
Enrollment and completion of courses of study is a primary function of a student. However, when acquiring an education, other activities related to the coursework can provide tangible evidence of interest and initiative. To that end, staff and administration at the Frederick V. Pankow Center encourages all of its students to participate in clubs and associations directly related to their course of study; to share those experiences with other students and to be proud when challenges are met and goals are achieved.
The following clubs and associations are available to students enrolled
at the Pankow Center
Career and Technical Education
- ASBE - American Society of Body Engineers
- BPA - Business Professionals of America
- DECA - Distributive Education Clubs of America
- FFA - National FFA Organization Agricultural Science
- Future Educators Association
- HOSA - Health Occupations of America
- NTHS - National Technical Honor Society
- Special Olympics - Soccer, basketball, gymnastics, swimming, volleyball, fitness training
Math, Science, and Technology (MST) Program
- The MST Leadership Council provides leadership, social, and community service opportunities for MST students. Past events have included the annual MST Talent Show, Movie Night, the MST Lock-In, a school supply drive, adopting local families at the holidays, and Algebra 1 tutoring at the middle schools. Contact Ms. Missig for information about Leadership Council.
- Qualifying students can join Mu Alpha Theta (MAT), a national Mathematics Honor Society. MAT students provide after-school tutoring in math every Tuesday from 2:45-3:30 for all MST students, and they also plan and facilitate Pi Week activities during the month of March. Students who participate in MAT and meet certain requirements are eligible for a scholarship. Contact Mrs. Duncan for more information about Mu Alpha Theta.
Students who qualify also can join the Science National Honor Society (SNHS). Peer tutoring is available to all MST students in the three major science content areas (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics).
Contact Ms. Garmo for more information about SNHS.
- Michigan Dance Council - Michigan Youth Arts Festival
- International Thespian Society - Acting and Technical Theater Association for High School Students to recognize excellence in high school theater
- Courageous Persuaders - High School students contribute films to educate middle school students on the dangers of alcohol abuse and compete for scholarships.
- Orchard Lake Film Festival - Competition among high school film makers in the tri-county area.
- Meijer Healthy Choices Film Festival - Students film Public Service Announcements to educate Michigan youth on making healthy choices and compete for thousands of dollars.