TV and Broadcast Media
TV & Broadcast Media is a course designed to prepare students to explore careers in the television production field and to develop essential skills for employment in this field.
- Students work on iMac computers to edit films on Final Cut editing software filmed in HD with studio lighting.
- Students produce Music Videos, Commercials, Public Service Announcements, Studio Productions, Kinetic Typography, Children's Stories and much more.
- Students learn expert techniques in picture composition, lighting, sound, scripting and shot selection.
This course emphasizes a hands-on approach to skill development with individual and group projects with the intent to broadcast on LCPS-TV.
The student should be able to:
- Understand and use television production terminology
- Perform on camera in a professional manner appropriate to your audience.
- Use all television equipment in the studio including, all cameras, the broadcast pix video switcher, the sound mixer, the lighting board and video editing software.
- Work cooperatively in teams to create video productions
- Create and evaluate storyboards
- Explain and demonstrate the difference between numerous video genres, including, but not limited to: music videos, advertisements, interviews, electronic field production (EFP), electronic news gathering (ENG), and public service announcement (PSA).
- Understand and demonstrate sensitivity for the student and faculty audience.
- Demonstrate verbal and nonverbal communication skills in a format appropriate for student and faculty in a school setting.
- Demonstrate respect for the television production equipment and the studio
- Demonstrate responsible behavior in the production room and when shooting video outside of class
Michael Kaufman – Instructor
(586) 783-6570 ext. 2420
Sample Videos on Vimeo
Sample Videos on YouTube
Curriculum on Blackboard