Automotive Technology II
This advanced mechanics course is geared toward giving students the skill they will need to gain entry level employment in the automotive service industry or 100 level college courses. Course work focuses on automotive electronics, electrical systems, and engine drivability, safety, maintenance, tool usage, heavy equipment operations and all areas of automotive repair and repair facility operations. Automotive Technology 2 offers automotive theory with hands-on experience. Skill levels for testing and ASE / STATE (Automotive Service Excellence) certification can be achieved at the
end of the completion of Automotive Technology 2.
Note: Students must complete 1-year of on the job training for ASE Certification.
NATEF (National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation) Certified Program.
AYES (Automotive Youth Education System) Certified Program
Externship (co-op) Eligible Program
To have students acquire the skills necessary to gain entry level employment as a mechanic's assistant and prepare students to take the ASE / STATE (Automotive Service Excellence) certification test (for electronics and engine drivability).
To have developed the proper work habits, attitude, skills and ethics necessary to become employed or have a sound foundation to continue their education within the career field of automotive technology. To pass certification tests in electrical / electronics diagnosis and engine performance.
- Career Technical Skills Organization: SkillsUSA
- Certifications: NATEF / ASE National Certifications in brakes, steering, suspension, electrical / electronics, and engine. Pankow 2-year CTE Skill Certificate upon successful completion of the 2-year program at the Pankow Center.
- Articulation Agreements: (upon completion of 2-year program) Ferris State University, Macomb Community College, Northwestern Ohio University, Ohio Technical Institute, Baker College, Lincoln Technical Center.
- Related Careers: Auto Service Technician, Service Advisor, Service Porter, Auto Service Manager, Auto Sales, Auto Restoration, Auto Customization, Engineering, Auto Design, Auto Manufacturing, and Automotive Teacher
- School-To-Registered Apprenticeships (STRA) Available only at the Pankow Center