Scholarships - LCHS North
Remember to check out the website for the school(s) you're interested in attending. You will find links to scholarships offered at their school.
Bethel College is hosting Music & Theater Scholarship Auditions. Dates and times vary. Contact the music or theater department to schedule your audition.
Scholarships for trade schools in Michigan
Imagine America offers scholarships for trade schools in Michigan. The schools listed below participate in the program. Take a look at these 2 schools to see if either might be a good fit for you or your student. If these schools interest you, request information from them. Remember to ask them about the Imagine America scholarship program as well.
Carnegie Institute (Troy, MI): Healthcare Industry related positions, such as Cardiology Technician, Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Medical Business Specialist.
MIAT College of Technology (Canton, MI): Aviation, energy, global logistics & dispatch, HVACR & wind energy.
Pay attention to individual deadlines for each scholarship!!
The Scholarship Programs below are accepting applications from students. Please read the application instructions on the website carefully before applying.
Healthcare administration is a growing and exciting career path. It's become so popular that colleges and universities now have departments and degrees dedicated to grooming students for success in this particular field. Discover Health Admin: free educational resource for people looking to learn about careers and education in the business side of healthcare.
Davenport University is offering a wide range of academic, need-based, and athletic scholarships for Class of 2019 students! Scholarships are awarded based on ACT and GPA. Learn more about DU scholarships.
Graduating seniors planning to attend Oakland University, Wayne County Community College District, or Wayne State University are eligible for the Metropolitan Detroit Bureau of School Studies, Inc. 2019 Scholarship Award. Application to apply available in January.
The John F. Kennedy Library Foundation invites U.S. high school students to enter the Profile in Courage Essay Contest to describe and analyze an act of political courage by a U.S. elected official who served during or after 1917, the year John F. Kennedy was born. Learn about and apply for the Essay Contest.
Various scholarships are available for student caregivers at Caring.com. These scholarships are to assist students who have taken on the role of caregiver for an aging loved one, and/or are pursuing a career in senior care. To learn more, and find deadline dates visit Caring.com.
SAE Detroit is proud to announce the 42nd Annual High School Poster Competition, which will be held on Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at Lawrence Technological University in Southfield. This years theme is Exploring Innovation and New Possibilities. Scholarships will be awarded for 1st through 3rd places ranging from $750 to the 1st place prize of $1,500. For High School Poster Competition official rules.
SAE Detroit is hosting the 26th Annual Micro-Electric Vehicle Competition on Wednesday, May 8, 2019 at Yakazi North America, Inc., in Canton. There are three award categories in the competition: Design, Performance, and Overall School Final Results. Prizes range in value from $100 to $2,000. For Micro-Electric Vehicle Competition official rules.
The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in California is offering 28 scholarships, including eight full one-year scholarships worth $31,500 each to students entering Fall 2019. The deadline to apply is March 29, 2019. FIDM Scholarship eligibility and application information.
The East Macomb Chapter of Michigan Association of Retired School Personnel wishes to award four $750 scholarships to deserving Macomb County public high school students who are planning to attend a Michigan college or university in the fall. The deadline to apply is March 30, 2019.
Dunning Career Connections Teen Scholarships will be awarded to students participating in the summer teen classes through the Plymouth Arts and Recreation Complex in Plymouth, MI. Scholarships are available to students with an expected year of graduation between 2020 and 2023. Class space is available on a first-come, first-served basis via official registration only. Applications are due by March 31, 2019.
The Michigan Retailers Association has launched its scholarship competition for the 2019-20 school year. This year, they will be awarding 21 scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $1,500. The awards are not based on financial need. To be eligible, the student or his/her parent must be employed at a business that is a member of MRA. The deadline to apply is April 1, 2019.
SWE Detroit is pleased to announce the opening of a new scholarship, the Josie Rewald Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship is focused on female students pursuing their engineering education at a community college. Josie Reward Memorial Scholarship application! Deadline to apply: April 1, 2019.
Credit Union ONE is offering the William G. Coyne Memorial Scholarship for students who have a family member that belonged to Credit Union ONE of Michigan for a minimum of six months (in good standing), be a 2019 graduating high school senior, have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above, completed 30 or more community service hours during their junior or senior year, and plan to enroll, beginning in fall of 2019, a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two or four-year college or university, or accredited trade or vocation school. The application postmark deadline is April 1, 2019. Wm G. Coyne Memorial Scholarship application.
The law firm of Lusk Albertson (LA) is currently accepting applications for its LAunch Scholarship. This year, LA will award four scholarships, each in the amount of $2,500. LAunch winners demonstrate high academic achievement, significant community involvements, and a person commitment to excellence. The deadline to apply is April 7, 2019.
Michigan Technological University will be holding Summer Youth Programs in 2019. The Engineering Scholars Program will take place from July 21-27, 2019 and Women in Engineering will be held from July 28-August 3, 2019. Student participants will receive a $1,000 scholarship, which covers all tuition, classroom supplies, and room and board. The deadline to apply is April 10, 2019.
The Ohio-Michigan Association of Career Colleges and Schools is offering the 2019 LEADS! Scholarship Program for high school seniors graduating in Spring 2019, with over 185 scholarships ranging from $500 to $8,000! The deadline to apply is April 12, 2019. Download the application here!
The 2019 Student-View Scholarship Program is offering $11.000 worth of scholarships to high school seniors who plan to attend a four-year college, community/junior college or career school. It's quick and easy to apply; no minimum GPA! The deadline is April 22, 2019.
The Beauty + Wellness Scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance ($500) to female students who are leading healthy lifestyles. This is a quarterly scholarship offered Sept. 30th, Jan. 1st, March 31st, and June 30th each year.
Who wants to be paid for As & Bs, community service, taking the SAT/ACT? The University of Dayton offers $1,000 for an A, $600 for a B in a core class, $30 for each hour of community service above 15 hours (up to 200 hours), and $1,000 for taking the SAT/ACT and more! You can earn up to $88,000 over 4 years through the RaiseMe program from 9th through 12th grade. You must register for this program to begin earning.
Ave Maria University in Florida is offering The Michigan Scholarship, $7,000/year x 4 years, to first-time freshmen residents of the state of Michigan.
The Homer J Van Hollenbeck Foundation will be providing scholarships to hardworking current high school students in the Macomb County area. Applicants must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher and demonstrate financial need. Applicants must also begin college full-time in the fall of 2019. The application deadline is May 31, 2019. Homer J Van Hollenbeck Foundation application
SeniorAdvice.com is offering a $2,000 Senior Caregiver Scholarship to an eligible student who has been a caregiver for a senior friend or relative and will be attending a college or university in the Fall of 2019. The deadline to apply is July 15, 2019.
The House Method Commitment to Our Homes Scholarship will be awarded to one student enrolled in a post-secondary associate, four-year, or graduate program at an accredited college or university and has a GPA of 3.5 or higher. Applicants must submist an essage no longer than 1,000 words that answers the question: How do you hope to improve the way people live in their homes? The deadline to apply is October 15, 2019.
Fastweb offers a listing of resources including Scholarship Scams, 2017-18 calendar of important testing dates, listing of important contacts, web resources, financial aid information and student loan information. Please click on these links for specific details: 2018-19 Quick Reference/scholarships/calendar
AXA Achievement Scholarship, $1.4 million available (amounts of $2,500, $10,000 and $25,000).
Online Colleges, Degrees, and Scholarships
GoMerry.com is a free website to build a profile and find thousands of scholarships online!
Our mission is to provide comprehensive, actionable information for:
- High school students headed for traditional two or four-year colleges.
- Adults who wish to improve their career options and earning power by enrolling in online degree or online certificate programs at the undergraduate level.
- Students of all ages interested in enrolling in vocational, technical, and career schools and colleges.
- Undergraduate degree holders seeking a master’s, doctoral, or professional school degree online.
The top ten most popular pages on this site are:
- A page which lists and links to more than 70 free scholarship search sites.
- A page with information on online degree programs and fully accredited online colleges and universities.
- An extremely fast and easy to use online GPA calculator.
- Lists of traditional and online colleges, by state, with links, full contact information, and online applications for admission.
- A list of colleges with programs for students with learning disabilities.
- A student loan calculator which calculates monthly student loan repayments.
- More than 70 helpful articles for students on a variety of topics including college admission, careers, specialty colleges, online degree programs, campus life, scholarships, financial aid, study tips, time management, and more.
- A comprehensive list of Christian colleges, including those that offer online degree programs.
- A complete list of Catholic colleges, including those offering online undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- A state-by-state list (with links) of historically black colleges and universities.
StudentScholarships.org is highlighting many scholarships that will be awarding more than $5 million to students. Criteria and deadlines vary, please pay attention. Some current scholarships are listed below:
- $3,000 (50 awards) KFC REACH Educational Grant Program; deadline Mar. 28, 2019
- $1,000 (1 award) You Deserve It Scholarship; deadline Mar. 29, 2019
- $1,000 (20 awards) Paul S. Mills Scholarship; deadline Mar. 30, 2019
- $500 (1 award) Odenza Marketing Group Scholarship; deadline Mar 30, 2019
- $1,000 (20 awards) Paul S. Mills Scholarship; deadline Mar. 30, 2019
- $2,000 (2 awards) Jim Boyce Memorial Scholarship; deadline Mar. 31, 2019
- $4,000 (5 awards) Boule Foundation Scholarship; deadline Mar. 31, 2019
- $1,200 (1 awards) Kezlan Science Scholarship; deadline Mar 31, 2019
- $10,000 (5 awards) Total Scholarships for Women; deadline Mar 31, 2019
- $10,000 (10 awards) SP High School Scholarship; deadline Mar 31, 2019
- $3,500 (40 awards) Beyond the Cure Ambassador Scholarships; deadline Mar. 31, 2019
- $500 (1 award) TVStoreOnline Scholarship; deadline Mar 31, 2019
- $1,000 (1 award) Enterprise Scholarship; deadline Mar. 31, 2019
- $3,000 (9 awards) ASMC National Scholarship Program; deadline Mar. 31, 2019
- $2,000 (3 awards) Plumberstock Scholarship; deadline Mar 31, 2019
- $10,000 (80 awards) University of the Aftermarket Foundation Scholarship; deadline Mar. 31, 2019
- $5,000 (13 awards) Writers of the Future Scholarship; deadline Mar 31, 2019
- $10,000 (8 awards) Young American Creative Patriotic Scholarship; deadline March 31, 2019
- $10,000 (10 awards) College Scholarship for High School Students; deadline March 31, 2019
- $75,000 (600 awards) Intel ISEF Scholarship Awards; deadline April 1, 2019
- $5,000 (10 awards) Project Yellow Light Video Scholarship; deadline April 1, 2019
- $4,000 (42 awards) Young Women in Public Affairs Award; deadline April 1, 2019
- $2,000 (10 awards) AFSA High School Scholarships; deadline April 1, 2019
- $500 (3 awards) Swackhamer Scholarship Video Contest; deadline April 1, 2019
- $3,000 (42 awards) National Dairy Shrine Scholarships; deadline April 15, 2019
- $5,000 (10 awards) Len Assante Scholarship Fund; deadline April 15, 2019
- $10,000 (10 awards) Pursuit of Excellence Scholarship; deadline April 15, 2019
- $1,000 (1 award) Car Brain Scholarship; deadline April 19, 2019
- $4,000 (12 awards) AMVETS National Scholarships; deadline April 30, 2019
- $5,000 (25 awards) Allen Chi Gaming Scholarship; deadline April 30, 2019
- $100,000 (100 awards) Paradlgm Challenge Scholarship; deadline May 1, 2019
- $1,000 (10 awards) Student Identimap Scholarship; deadline May 15, 2019
- $500 (1 award) LM Scholarship; deadline May 31, 2019
- $500 (1 award) Got a Spine Scholarship; deadline June 2, 2019
- $3,000 (15 awards) Women Forward in Technology Scholarship; deadline June 15, 2019
- $500 (1 award) Global Lift Equipment Scholarship; deadline June 15, 2019
- $500 (1 award) Life Parts Express; deadline June 30, 2019
- $500 (1 award) 10 Words or Less Scholarship; deadline June 30, 2019
Local Scholarship Packet
The deadline to apply for the 2019 Local Scholarship Packet has passed. These scholarships will be awarded at our Honors Convocation on Wednesday, May 29th, 2019.