Scholarships - LCHS North
Remember to check out the website for the school(s) you're interested in attending. You will find links to scholarships offered at their school.
Bethel College is hosting Music & Theater Scholarship Auditions. Dates and times vary. Contact the music or theater department to schedule your audition.
Scholarships for trade schools in Michigan
Imagine America offers scholarships for trade schools in Michigan. The schools listed below participate in the program. Take a look at these 2 schools to see if either might be a good fit for you or your student. If these schools interest you, request information from them. Remember to ask them about the Imagine America scholarship program as well.
Carnegie Institute (Troy, MI): Healthcare Industry related positions, such as Cardiology Technician, Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Medical Business Specialist.
MIAT College of Technology (Canton, MI): Aviation, energy, global logistics & dispatch, HVACR & wind energy.
Pay attention to individual deadlines for each scholarship!!
The Scholarship Programs below are accepting applications from students. Please read the application instructions on the website carefully before applying.
Healthcare administration is a growing and exciting career path. It's become so popular that colleges and universities now have departments and degrees dedicated to grooming students for success in this particular field. Discover Health Admin: free educational resource for people looking to learn about careers and education in the business side of healthcare.
Davenport University is offering a wide range of academic, need-based, and athletic scholarships for Class of 2019 students! Scholarships are awarded based on ACT and GPA. Learn more about DU scholarships.
Graduating seniors planning to attend Oakland University, Wayne County Community College District, or Wayne State University are eligible for the Metropolitan Detroit Bureau of School Studies, Inc. 2019 Scholarship Award. Application to apply available in January.
The John F. Kennedy Library Foundation invites U.S. high school students to enter the Profile in Courage Essay Contest to describe and analyze an act of political courage by a U.S. elected official who served during or after 1917, the year John F. Kennedy was born. Learn about and apply for the Essay Contest.
Various scholarships are available for student caregivers at Caring.com. These scholarships are to assist students who have taken on the role of caregiver for an aging loved one, and/or are pursuing a career in senior care. To learn more, and find deadline dates visit Caring.com.
The Arab American and Chaldean Council (ACC) is proud to announce that its 17th Annual Scholarship Awards Program is now accepting applications. Attached please find the 2019 ACC Scholarship Application for High School Seniors.
SAE Detroit is hosting the 26th Annual Micro-Electric Vehicle Competition on Wednesday, May 8, 2019 at Yakazi North America, Inc., in Canton. There are three award categories in the competition: Design, Performance, and Overall School Final Results. Prizes range in value from $100 to $2,000. For Micro-Electric Vehicle Competition official rules.
The Beauty + Wellness Scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance ($500) to female students who are leading healthy lifestyles. This is a quarterly scholarship offered Sept. 30th, Jan. 1st, March 31st, and June 30th each year.
Who wants to be paid for As & Bs, community service, taking the SAT/ACT? The University of Dayton offers $1,000 for an A, $600 for a B in a core class, $30 for each hour of community service above 15 hours (up to 200 hours), and $1,000 for taking the SAT/ACT and more! You can earn up to $88,000 over 4 years through the RaiseMe program from 9th through 12th grade. You must register for this program to begin earning.
Ave Maria University in Florida is offering The Michigan Scholarship, $7,000/year x 4 years, to first-time freshmen residents of the state of Michigan.
Huggable Supermom Scholarship: Cash & Baby Formula Award and it’s designed to make things a little easier for single mothers and those supported by single mothers who are striving to achieve great things for themselves and their loved ones. To apply, students must be the child of a single mother or be directly supported by a single mother in some other way (or be a single mother themselves). All fields of study and GPAs will be considered.
SeniorAdvice.com is offering a $2,000 Senior Caregiver Scholarship to an eligible student who has been a caregiver for a senior friend or relative and will be attending a college or university in the Fall of 2019. The deadline to apply is July 15, 2019.
The Italian American Club of Livonia Charitable Foundation will be awarding a scholarship based on Italian ancestry, academics, needs and character. For eligibility requirements, download the IACL Charitable Foundation application. The deadline to apply is July 31, 2019.
The House Method Commitment to Our Homes Scholarship will be awarded to one student enrolled in a post-secondary associate, four-year, or graduate program at an accredited college or university and has a GPA of 3.5 or higher. Applicants must submit an essay no longer than 1,000 words that answers the question: How do you hope to improve the way people live in their homes? The deadline to apply is October 15, 2019.
Fastweb offers a listing of resources including Scholarship Scams, 2017-18 calendar of important testing dates, listing of important contacts, web resources, financial aid information and student loan information. Please click on these links for specific details: 2018-19 Quick Reference/scholarships/calendar
OppU Achievers Scholarship awards $2,500 scholarships year-round with cycle deadlines on June 30, September 30, December 31 and March 31. Scholarship eligibility requirements include a 3.0 GPA and short essay submission.
Online MBA Review is a free educational resource for people looking to learn about MBA programs.
DiscoverBusiness.us provides up-to-date information on 100+ privately funded awards and scholarships available to college students.
AXA Achievement Scholarship, $1.4 million available (amounts of $2,500, $10,000 and $25,000).
Online Colleges, Degrees, and Scholarships
GoMerry.com is a free website to build a profile and find thousands of scholarships online!
Our mission is to provide comprehensive, actionable information for:
- High school students headed for traditional two or four-year colleges.
- Adults who wish to improve their career options and earning power by enrolling in online degree or online certificate programs at the undergraduate level.
- Students of all ages interested in enrolling in vocational, technical, and career schools and colleges.
- Undergraduate degree holders seeking a master’s, doctoral, or professional school degree online.
The top ten most popular pages on this site are:
- A page which lists and links to more than 70 free scholarship search sites.
- A page with information on online degree programs and fully accredited online colleges and universities.
- An extremely fast and easy to use online GPA calculator.
- Lists of traditional and online colleges, by state, with links, full contact information, and online applications for admission.
- A list of colleges with programs for students with learning disabilities.
- A student loan calculator which calculates monthly student loan repayments.
- More than 70 helpful articles for students on a variety of topics including college admission, careers, specialty colleges, online degree programs, campus life, scholarships, financial aid, study tips, time management, and more.
- A comprehensive list of Christian colleges, including those that offer online degree programs.
- A complete list of Catholic colleges, including those offering online undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- A state-by-state list (with links) of historically black colleges and universities.
StudentScholarships.org is highlighting many scholarships that will be awarding more than $5 million to students. Criteria and deadlines vary, please pay attention. Some current scholarships are listed below:
- $1,000 (1 award) FormSwift Scholarship, deadline June 15, 2019
- $3,000 (15 awards) Women Forward in Technology Scholarship; deadline June 15, 2019
- $500 (1 award) Global Lift Equipment Scholarship; deadline June 15, 2019
- $2,500 (15 awards) Automotive Women's Association Scholarships; deadline June 20, 2019
- $1,000 (1 award) Compos Mentis Scholarship; deadline June 30, 2019
- $1,000 (1 award) Hylan Family Scholarship; deadline June 30, 2019
- $2,500 (1 award) Go Global Scholarship; deadline June 30, 2019
- $1,000 (1 award) Recovery Village Health Care Scholarship; deadline June 30, 2019
- $1,000 (1 award) Digital Privacy Scholarship; deadline June 30, 2019
- $500 (1 award) Life Parts Express; deadline June 30, 2019
- $500 (1 award) 10 Words or Less Scholarship; deadline June 30, 2019
- $1,000 (2 awards) Employment Boost Scholarship; deadline July 1, 2019
- $1,000 (2 awards) Simmons and Fletcher Marketing Scholarship; deadline July 1, 2019
- $15,000 (3 awards) Personal Achievement College Scholarship; deadline July 26, 2019
Local Scholarship Packet
The deadline to apply for the 2019 Local Scholarship Packet has passed. These scholarships will be awarded at our Honors Convocation on Wednesday, May 29th, 2019.