LCHS-North Counseling Office
Students are assigned to a counselor according to their last name. You may contact any of the counselors by telephone at 586-493-5270, then enter the appropriate ext.
Records Phone Number: 586-493-5270 x1221
Counseling Office Fax Number: 586-493-5276
L'Anse Creuse High School has partnered with Parchment to order and send your transcript and other credentials securely.
To access other record information, fill out the Transcript Request Form. Please be sure to print and verify that all of the appropriate information is provided. Please be sure to state in the Reason Section the name of the scholarship if the request is for a scholarship. Also, please state the name of the college and contact information for where you are requesting the transcript to be sent. Lastly, also include your contact information in case there are any questions that need to be addressed.
schedule change requests for fall 2020
To request a scheduling change for the Fall 2020 semester, please complete a Fall 2020 Schedule Change Request Form. All requests will be reviewed by your counselor in the fall.
June 3, 2020 JUNIOR CLASS ZOOM MEETING PRESENTATION
Juniors! As you begin to prepare for your senior year, you will find the information provided in the June 3, 2020 Junior Class Zoom Meeting PowerPoint Presentation very helpful!
college enrollment guide
If the future seems a little unclear due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the College Enrollment Guide offers five steps to keep you on track during the college selection and enrollment process. It also contains helpful links to assist you with important college preparation activities like calculating college costs, applying for scholarships, preparing for college entrance exams, and taking virtual college tours.
senior honors project applicants
Dear 2020 Senior Honors Project Applicant,
I want to personally thank you for the time and effort that you have put into planning and preparing for your projects this year. You have impressed me with your professionalism and work ethic. I know this procedure takes many hours of time away from other senior year activities.
Responding to the most recent executive order to close Michigan schools for the remainder of the school year, L'Anse Creuse made the decision to suspend all school activities, including the senior honors project. The decision was made to ensure your health and safety, and limit the spread of the virus.
I also understand that you may be having some mixed emotions about the school closure this year due to COVID-19. It may be a disappointment to some of you who were anticipating experiences unique to being a high school senior (like the senior honors project). I hope you know that we care about you, and we are working to support you. I would like to know how you're doing. I miss you all!
I have heard from many of your professional supervisors, and they were also impressed and eager to work with you. I am certain that many of you have made lasting connections. I am hopeful that this experience of planning a professional project will help you with future school and career goals. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Hope to see you soon.
Lori O'Neal, Counselor
Senior Honors Project Coordinator
FOREIGN EXCHANGE PROGRAM
Online registration TBD. All students must complete the online application (see registration link below) in order take an AP exam. The cost of each exam is $100. (Students who receive free/reduced lunch will have a fee reduction for each exam.) Payment can be made online at the time of registration with a credit/debit card. The payment stub that can be printed at the end of the on-line registration process explains how to mail in a personal check/cashier's check/money order for payment. If you have any questions, please email Ann Merkel.
- Registration: TBD
- Late Registration: TBD ($25 late fee)
Course Syllabi and Teacher information
- AP Calculus AB Teacher - Kayla Hagel Grade levels - 12
- MST Calculus AB Teacher - Jim Nuechterlein
- MST Calculus BC Teacher AnnMarie Duncan
- Statistics Teacher John Pizza
- MST Statistics Teacher Laurie Ferrari
- AP Biology Teacher - Aimee Cesarz Grade levels - 10, 11, 12
- MST Biology Teacher - Chandler Missig & Jim Nuechterlein
- AP Chemistry Teacher - Sara Strozewski Grade levels - 11, 12
- MST Chemisty Teacher - Allison Garmo
- AP Physics 1 Teacher - Carrie Zaitz Grade levels - 10, 11, 12
- MST Physics C Teacher - Rhonda Diliberti
- AP U.S. History Teacher - Mark Mignot Grade levels - 10, 11, 12
- AP Government and Politics Teacher - Scott Boice Grade levels - 10, 11, 12
- AP Economics Teacher - Mike Lynch Grade levels - 10, 11, 12
- AP World History Teacher - Terry Ebury Grade levels - 11, 12
- AP Human Geography Teacher - Dan Pardi Grade levels - 9, 10, 11, 12
- AP Psychology Teacher - Becky Lammers Grade levels - 11, 12
- Music Theory Teacher - Mitch Osadchuck
Honor Cord Application
A list of honor cord awardees has been compiled without the need for students to complete an application this spring. Students will be notified by email about the cords that they have been awarded. If you have a question regarding a specific cord, please contact your teacher directly.
Cord Contact Email (for questions)
Art Dena Mell email@example.com
Band Dan Griffith firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Joshua Lamberti email@example.com
Community Service Carol Hosler firstname.lastname@example.org
Vocal Music (Choir) Mitchell Osadchuk email@example.com
English Lisa Macomber firstname.lastname@example.org
Life Management Diane McDonald email@example.com
Link Crew Susan Roggeman firstname.lastname@example.org
Math Deana Patterson email@example.com
Mu Alpha Theta Kayla Hagel firstname.lastname@example.org
National Art Honor Society Dena Mell email@example.com
Perfect Attendance Kimberly Rawski firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Sara Strozewski email@example.com
Senior Honors Project Lori O'Neal firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Studies Terry Ebury email@example.com
Student Council Rosa Hough firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology Kelli O'Connell email@example.com
World Language Darrel Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org
Honor cords will be awarded at the Honors Convocation in Spring 2020.
Honor Cord Colors
- Art ~ Light Green
- Band ~ Dark Green
- Business ~ Royal Blue
- English ~ White
- Life Management ~ Teal
- Link Crew ~ Red & White
- Mathematics ~ Purple
- Mu Alpha Theta ~ Purple & Gold
- National Art Honor Society ~ Rainbow
- Perfect Attendance ~ Black & Gold
- Science ~ Burgundy
- Senior Honors Project ~ Light Blue
- Social Studies ~ Navy Blue
- Student Council ~ Silver
- Technology Education ~ Burnt Orange
- Vocal Music ~ Pink
- World Language ~ Red
- Community Service Cord~ Red, White & Blue - Over 80 Hours Are Required
Honor Cord Criteria (updated 05/2020) - Requirements for each honor cord
Potential College Athlete Guide
In order to play college sports, you must be eligible through the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) or the NAIA (National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics). Here are the steps to help you through the process of initial eligibility.
- Talk with your coach about your interest in playing college sports.
- Determine if you will play for a NCAA or a NAIA college.
- Check the minimum eligibility requirements.
- Count your Core high school classes taken. Schedule your classes to meet NCAA Division 1 eligibility requirements.
- Calculate your Core GPA. Retake classes to raise your core GPA (if needed).
- Retake the ACT or SAT to meet the minimum requirements (if needed).
- Decide which college you will sign to play with.
- Complete an online application to the college of your choice.
- Create a Parchment account to view and send your transcripts.
- Register with NCAA.org or playNAIA.org.
- Request your ACT or SAT scores be sent directly to NCAA or NAIA.
- Request your transcripts be sent to NCAA or NAIA.
Senior Honors Project
SENIOR HONORS PROJECT PARTICIPANTS: JOIN THE SHP 2020 REMIND GROUP TO ASK QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE IMPORTANT REMINDERS AND UPDATES. TEXT @2bdkaa to 81010.
All seniors with a 3.0 or higher GPA are invited to participate in the Senior Honors Project this year. If you qualify and are interested in participating, you must turn in an intent form to the Counseling Office by Thursday, February 13th. Forms are available online or in the Counseling Office.
- What is a Senior Honors Project?
- Who may participate?
- Example Placements.
- How does it work?
- What are the benefits?
Students on academic or attendance probation will not be approved for participation in the Senior Honors Project.
Check back for Summer 2020 Programs!
After-school tutoring options for 2019-2020 academic year TBD.
If you are interested in having your student work with a private tutor, please contact your student's counselor directly for available private tutors.
Counseling Office Staff
Jessica Bock, ext. 1221
Student Records, Student CA60 Files, Transcripts
Tyessa Zuhlke, ext. 1205