Scholarships and Financial Aid - LCHS
The Italian American Club of Livonia Charitable Foundation offers a Scholarship Opportunity to all incoming seniors (Class of 2024). The deadline is October 31, 2023. Apply here https://www.iaclcf.com/scholarship.html
Michigan Scholarship Directory, a list of 100+ vetted scholarships for students across the state, broken down by month. Here is the link https://www.standoutcollegeprep.com/michigan-scholarships/
At Community Choice Credit Union, we believe that access to education is one of the keys to helping people achieve the life they desire. Since its inception in 2009, our Foundation has granted $1.4 million in scholarships. This year, we're offering another 25 scholarships for a total of $100,000.
HSF awards more than $30 million in scholarships annually and, depending upon available funds, HSF Scholars may also be eligible to receive a scholarship, which ranges from $500-$5,000 and awarded directly to students.
- To get started, visit http://HSF.net and log into or create your myHSF profile to access the HSF Scholar Program Application
FreeStar Financial Credit Union is proud to award $4,000 to graduating high school seniors!
We offer two categories for our scholarships:
Military Honor Scholarship-We appreciate the men and women who defend our country every day. To honor the foundation and beginning of our credit union, the Military Honor Scholarship is awarded to two members of FreeStar Financial whose parents (one or both) are active military, reserve or veterans. Two $1,000 scholarships are available.
Community Action Scholarship- As a credit union founded on the principles of “people helping people”, we want to help provide educational assistance to members who are active volunteers in the community. Our young members who take the time to assist the community and non-profit, charitable organizations are eligible for this financial award. Two $1,000 scholarships are available.https://www.freestarfinancial.com/scholarships
BCBS Leadership Association-Participants must be high school students including home schooled, grades 9 – 12, at the time of the local contest and within the designated area of the sponsoring Chapter. Click here for scholarship page.BCBSSCHOLARSHIP
Governor Gretchen Whitmer announced that the high school graduating Class of 2023 can apply for the Michigan Achievement Scholarship and lower their cost of college by thousands of dollars a year. Students should talk to their parents or guardians, gather documents, and fill out their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible in order to take advantage of this scholarship. Full Article
Starting with the high school Class of 2023, students will be eligible for more financial aid from the State:
Up to $2,750 if they attend a community college, per year
Up to $5,500 if they attend a public university, per year
Up to $4,000 if they attend a private college or university, per year
Students will be eligible if their family demonstrates financial need* Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Central Michigan University- Applications are now open for the Leader Advancement Scholarship, the Lloyd M. Cofer Scholarship, and the Multicultural Advancement Scholarship. The first step is applying for admission.
After submitting an application for admission, eligible students will gain access to the following scholarship applications.
- Leader Advancement Scholarship - Rewards dedicated leaders with $2,000 per year. Minimum 3.0 GPA required.
- Multicultural Advancement/Lloyd M. Cofer Scholarships - Rewards students committed to equality and inclusion. Valued between $4,125 annually and a full-ride. No minimum GPA required. Applications are due January 15.
Recreational Boating Industries Educational Foundation (RBIEF).
The RBIEF Foundation provides scholarships and educational programs to students who will be enrolled in any accredited university or college. These scholarships are directed to persons who would like to pursue a career in the recreational boating industry and enroll in academic fields of study which are applicable to industry needs. The application outlines marine career paths in this field. To date RBIEF has issued over $422,117 in scholarship funds since its inception in 1986. The deadline for applying is May 1, 2023 for the fall semester of 2023. The Foundation will base its decision on academic accomplishment, financial need, and value to the boating industry. Recipients will be announced in June 2023. If you would like to obtain more information, please visit our website here.
MEA Scholarship- https://mea.org/mea-scholarship/
- Dependent of an MEA member or MEA-Retired member in good standing
- Graduate of a Michigan public high school or private high school that has an MEA bargaining unit.
- Will attend or is currently an undergraduate student of a Michigan public community/junior college, four-year degree-granting institution, or vocational training institution that grants a degree, certification or license. Those attending the following private institutions ONLY are also eligible: Baker College-Flint/Owosso; University of Detroit–Mercy; Adrian College; Finlandia University; and Albion College. (The aforementioned private institutions are existing local MEA affiliates.)
- Note: Children of MEA officers, fund trustees, and MEA staff are not eligible.
(A child of an MEA, MESSA or MEA-FS staff person is eligible if the other parent is an MEA member in good standing).
- Beginning in 2022-2023, MEA will offer an additional scholarship meant to encourage and support the continued education of members of the BIPOC (African American/Black, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian/Pacific Islander or Hispanic/Latinx) community to further the belief that a diverse society enriches all individuals. Applicants for the BIPOC Scholarship must identify as a member of a defined BIPOC group as listed above.
MASFPS* & NAFEPA**2023 Scholarship Programs
Student eligibility: Enrolled in public school district or charter school with at least one staff member who is an active member of MASFPS/NAFEPA On track to graduate at the end of the 2022-23 school year ONE Application - for both programs MASFPS uses the NAFEPA Application
Awards-MASFPS ($1500, $1000, $500) NAFEPA (4 awards of $2500 each)
Student Insights is excited to offer the 2023 Michigan Senior Scholarship. The 2023 Student-View Scholarship program is offering $13,000 worth of scholarships to high school seniors who plan to attend four-year college, community/ junior college or career school. The application process is simple and requires only 15 - 20 minutes. Log into http://www.student-view.com to complete survey.
The Robert A. Leonard Jr. Charitable Trust announces its 2023 scholarship application. Visit http://www.raltrust.org for instructions an application.
Bethel College is hosting Music & Theater Scholarship Auditions. Dates and times vary. Contact the music or theater department to schedule your audition.
- Music: (574) 807-7575, Music@BethelCollege.edu, Facebook.com/BCMusicDept
- Theater: (574) 807-7747, Theatre@BethelCollege.edu, Facebook.com/BethelTheatre
Scholarships for trade schools in Michigan
Imagine America offers scholarships for trade schools in Michigan. The schools listed below participate in the program. Take a look at these 2 schools to see if either might be a good fit for you or your student. If these schools interest you, request information from them. Remember to ask them about the Imagine America scholarship program as well.
Carnegie Institute (Troy, MI): Healthcare Industry related positions, such as Cardiology Technician, Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Medical Business Specialist.
MIAT College of Technology (Canton, MI): Aviation, energy, global logistics & dispatch, HVACR & wind energy.
Discover® Student Loans Scholarship
Discover is happy to announce our 2020 $2,500 Discover® Student Loans Scholarship Award that will give away a total of $100,000 in scholarships to 40 individuals. New this year, both students and parents of eligible students can register.
Now through January 31, 2021, eligible students and parents can enter to win one of the $2,500 scholarships by signing up to receive helpful tips on planning and paying for college at www.CollegeCovered.com/Assist . Students and parents can earn up to three additional entries into the Discover Student Loans scholarship sweepstakes when they share the sweepstakes via Facebook, Twitter and/or e-mail and their friend enters via the link in their share.
Online Colleges, Degrees, and Scholarships
Our mission is to provide comprehensive, actionable information for:
- High school students headed for traditional two or four-year colleges.
- Adults who wish to improve their career options and earning power by enrolling in online degree or online certificate programs at the undergraduate level.
- Students of all ages interested in enrolling in vocational, technical, and career schools and colleges.
- Undergraduate degree holders seeking a master’s, doctoral, or professional school degree online.
The top ten most popular pages on this site are:
- A page which lists and links to more than 70 free scholarship search sites.
- A page with information on online degree programs and fully accredited online colleges and universities.
- An extremely fast and easy to use online GPA calculator.
- Lists of traditional and online colleges, by state, with links, full contact information, and online applications for admission.
- A list of colleges with programs for students with learning disabilities.
- A student loan calculator which calculates monthly student loan repayments.
- More than 70 helpful articles for students on a variety of topics including college admission, careers, specialty colleges, online degree programs, campus life, scholarships, financial aid, study tips, time management, and more.
- A comprehensive list of Christian colleges, including those that offer online degree programs.
- A complete list of Catholic colleges, including those offering online undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- A state-by-state list (with links) of historically black colleges and universities.
StudentScholarships.org is highlighting over 20 scholarships that will be awarding more than $5 million to students in the 2020 school year. Criteria and deadlines vary, please pay attention.