Scholarships and Financial Aid - LCHS
2022 Belle Tire Automotive Scholarship Program-
Belle Tire has partnered with Automotive Aftermarket Scholarship Central to offer up to (10) $2500 Scholarships in 2022 to current employees who are choosing an automotive career path. In order to qualify for a Belle Tire Scholarship, employees must meet the following criteria:
• Current Belle Tire employee
• Automotive student who is attending an ASE Education Foundation certified post-secondary automotive training program
• Complete online scholarship application prior to March 31, 2022. Click 'Apply Now' at https://automotivescholarships.com/scholarships/belle-tire-scholarship including all supplemental documents (reference letter, transcripts, etc.)
• Upon completion of the application, notify Belle Tire Human Resources at HR@belletire.com indicating your full name, store number and the school you are attending.
Detroit Section of the Society of Women Engineers- annually recognizes local students who have shown exemplary abilities in areas such as leadership, academics, and community activities. Please find information about our college and community college scholarships below.
- Must be in your senior year of high school in Michigan and enrolling at a university or college for fall term 2022.
- Must pursue an engineering degree at a university or college with an ABET accredited engineering program.
- Must have a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.0.
- Must be a woman or other underrepresented gender in engineering and technology.
Must submit entire application postmarked by, or sent per email due by 5:00 p.m. on March 1, 2022
These applications and detailed criteria can be found at http://www.swedetroit.org/scholarships.html
Homer J Van Hollenbeck Foundation- Click on link for scholarship application. Due by May 31, 2022 Homer J Van Hollenbeck
The Robert A. Leonard Jr. Charitable Trust has opened the application process for its 2022 scholarship. Awards are given annually to Michigan high school seniors. Awards of up to $10,000 can be used for tuition, housing, books, and supplies. Awards are need based and students must complete the application to be considered. Application and eligibility instructions can be found on our website at www.raltrust.org. Deadline for submission is March 1.
Michigan Retailers Association college scholarship competition begins in January each year. Applications are due by April 1. To be eligible, the student applicant or a parent or guardian must work at a business that is a member of MRA. High school seniors and college freshmen, sophomores and juniors may apply. MRA Scholarship
PB & J Scholarship is for students who have experienced personal challenges that may not have allowed them to perform well academically, but who still have the drive to succeed. PB&J Scholarship May 31, 2022
Cross Country Runners- The Tyler Kreilter Memorial Scholarship is in memory of Tyler Kreilter, 2015 Marine City High School graduate and avid runner. The scholarship is for Blue Water area and Macomb Area Conference candidates who have run cross country for Three or more years and embody Tyler's spirit- motivating others, commitment and leadership. Depending on the number of qualified candidates, no more than two $1000 scholarship(s) will be awarded. Deadline April 1, 2022 /downloads/lchs_counseling/tyler-kreilter-memorial-scholarship-application-2021-2022_1.pdf
East Macomb Chapter Michigan Association of Retired School Personnel-Please complete forms and submit by March 31, 2022/downloads/lchs_counseling/emarsp_2.pdf
The 2022 Rosa Parks Scholarships ($2,000) application is now available on our web site: rosaparksscholarship.org Please submit by March 1, 2022
The Robert A. Leonard Jr. Charitable Trust announces its 2022 scholarship application. Visit http://www.raltrust.org for instructions an application.
Bloomfield Hills Financial 2022 Stock to Scholarship Challenge- begins January 24, 2022 and ends April 15, 2022. http://www.stocktoscholarship.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
St.Clair Shores Community Chorus Scholarship- The vision of the St. Clair Shores Community Chorus is to provide scholarships to graduating high school seniors in support of furthering their education. Visit http://www.scscommunitychorus.org
Dependent of an MEA member or MEA-Retired member in good standing
- Graduate of a Michigan public high school or private high school that has an MEA bargaining unit.
- Will attend or is currently an undergraduate student of a Michigan public community/junior college, four-year degree-granting institution, or vocational training institution that grants a degree, certification or license. Those attending the following private institutions ONLY are also eligible: Baker College-Flint/Owosso; University of Detroit–Mercy; Adrian College; Finlandia University; and Albion College. (The aforementioned private institutions are existing local MEA affiliates.)
- Note: Children of MEA officers, fund trustees, and MEA staff are not eligible.
(A child of an MEA, MESSA or MEA-FS staff person is eligible if the other parent is an MEA member in good standing).
- Apply here:https://mea.org/mea-scholarship/
Ryan Fischer Legacy Scholarship
The Purpose of the Award:
To REMEMBER and honor the life of Ryan Fischer and all he stood for through his strong faith in God, his passion for his country, his unconditional love for all others and his zeal to live life to its fullest.
TO ENCOURAGE AND CHALLENGE area varsity hockey players to live a life that represents the integrity, character and sportsmanship that Ryan displayed in all facets of his life. To RECOGNIZE one senior varsity hockey (boy or girl) player that best reflects Ryan's life. To ESTABLISH and promote a standard for all amateur athletes. The award will be known as the "Ryan Fischer Legacy Award" and will be a one-of-a-kind trophy and a one-time college scholarship to the school of the recipient's choice. The value of the scholarship will be based on the assets available. The name of the recipient will also be placed on permanent plaques in Grandville High School and the home ice arena for the Grandville High School ice hockey team.
Nominations for the award will be made by head varsity hockey coaches in the state of Michigan. The award will be presented each spring after the conclusion of the MHSAA playoffs at the Henrik Zetterberg/Hockey Weekly High School All-State Awards Banquet.
Senior in High School with a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA
Accepted to an accredited college or university and enrolled by October 1st following his/her high school graduation - Scholarship made payable to university only
Must have lettered in at least two varsity sports including hockey
Must be of high moral character, demonstrate a strong faith in God, a love for this country and be committed to community service
Must also demonstrate outstanding sportsmanship, exceptional leadership, integrity and a positive attitude.
The goal of the Ryan Fischer Legacy Scholarship committee is to establish an endowment fund capable of sustaining the scholarship for an indefinite period.
Recreational Boating Industries Educational Foundation-
The RBIEF Foundation provides scholarships and educational programs to students who will be enrolled in any accredited university or college. These scholarships are directed to persons who would like to pursue a career in the recreational boating industry and enroll in academic fields of study which are applicable to industry needs. The application outlines marine career paths in this field. To date RBIEF has issued over $ 409,000 in scholarship funds since its inception in 1986.
The deadline for applying is May 1, 2022 for the fall semester of 2022. The Foundation will base its decision on academic accomplishment, financial need, and value to the boating industry. Recipients will be announced in June 2022.
Bethel College is hosting Music & Theater Scholarship Auditions. Dates and times vary. Contact the music or theater department to schedule your audition.
Scholarships for trade schools in Michigan
Imagine America offers scholarships for trade schools in Michigan. The schools listed below participate in the program. Take a look at these 2 schools to see if either might be a good fit for you or your student. If these schools interest you, request information from them. Remember to ask them about the Imagine America scholarship program as well.
Carnegie Institute (Troy, MI): Healthcare Industry related positions, such as Cardiology Technician, Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Medical Business Specialist.
MIAT College of Technology (Canton, MI): Aviation, energy, global logistics & dispatch, HVACR & wind energy.
Pay attention to individual deadlines for each scholarship!! The Scholarship Programs below are accepting applications from students. Please read the application instructions on the website carefully before applying.
Cirkled In Scholarship
This new scholarship will run October 1st – December 31st, 2021. The deadline is December 31st, 2021. The award amount is $2,500. Everything else is the same as our previous scholarships- the url (http://www.cirkledin.com/scholarships/), the application process, the eligibility requirements, etc. Notification to the winner will be by February 15th, 2022.
This quarterly scholarship is super easy to apply – No GPA requirements, No minimum income requirements, and no essays to write.
More details can be found here: Cirkled In Scholarship Page.
WESTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY-Must apply by Feb.22, 2022 for MLK Gold scholarship LK GOLD Scholarship.
Michigan State University-Many students may have additional financial pressures and increased concerns about paying for college. At MSU, we are proud to offer a variety of renewable scholarships to support students, including a new MSU Michigan Resident Scholarship
OppU Achievers Scholarship https://www.opploans.com/oppu/scholarship/ Deadline March 31 and June 30, 2022
Lake Michigan Credit Union- Lloyd F. Hutt Scholarship Deadline January 31, 2022 https://www.lmcu.org/about/community-relations/hutt-scholarship/
Adrian College is excited to announce that we will be offering one eligible 2021 senior from Macomb County, Michigan a full tuition scholarship to attend Adrian College. This scholarship is worth $37,000 per year and $140,000 over the four years at Adrian!
1) Must be a 2021 senior accepted to Adrian College with a minimum 3.5 GPA by November 30th
2) Visit campus - we are doing in-person visits!
3) File FAFSA and add Adrian College
4) Submit an essay to me by February 1
2022 Kelsey’s Law Distracted Driving Scholarship October is an important month for high school kids staying safe behind the wheel for a few reasons: National Teen Driver Safety Week starts October 18th October has the highest number of Michigan car crashes involving a high school age driver https://www.michiganautolaw.com/scholarships/kelseys-law/
We offer this scholarship annually with a deadline of March 31st, 2022. Here are the details:
A total of $5,000 in college scholarships will be awarded in April among 4 winning student submissions throughout the state. High school juniors and seniors are eligible. The deadline is March 31st, 2022. To learn more and apply, visit
EduMed Medical and Healthcare Scholarships: https://www.edumed.org/financial-aid/scholarships/
National Association of Federal Education Program Administrators (NAFEPA) and MASFPS (Michigan Association of State and Federal Program Specialists)
The Beauty + Wellness Scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance ($500) to female students who are leading healthy lifestyles. This is a quarterly scholarship offered Sept. 30th, Jan. 1st, March 31st, and June 30th each year.
John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Essay Contest: The John F. Kennedy Library Foundation invites U.S. high school students to describe and analyze an act of political courage by a U.S. elected official, who served during or after 1917, the year John F. Kennedy was born. First-place winner receives $10,000. Second-place winner receives $1,000. Five finalists receive $500 each. Deadline is January 17, 2022.
Fastweb offers a listing of resources including Scholarship Scams, 2021-22 calendar of important testing dates, listing of important contacts, web resources, financial aid information and student loan information. Please click on these links for specific details of the above: www.fastweb.com
Discover® Student Loans Scholarship
Discover is happy to announce our 2020 $2,500 Discover® Student Loans Scholarship Award that will give away a total of $100,000 in scholarships to 40 individuals. New this year, both students and parents of eligible students can register.
Now through January 31, 2021, eligible students and parents can enter to win one of the $2,500 scholarships by signing up to receive helpful tips on planning and paying for college at www.CollegeCovered.com/Assist . Students and parents can earn up to three additional entries into the Discover Student Loans scholarship sweepstakes when they share the sweepstakes via Facebook, Twitter and/or e-mail and their friend enters via the link in their share.
Online Colleges, Degrees, and Scholarships
Our mission is to provide comprehensive, actionable information for:
- High school students headed for traditional two or four-year colleges.
- Adults who wish to improve their career options and earning power by enrolling in online degree or online certificate programs at the undergraduate level.
- Students of all ages interested in enrolling in vocational, technical, and career schools and colleges.
- Undergraduate degree holders seeking a master’s, doctoral, or professional school degree online.
The top ten most popular pages on this site are:
- A page which lists and links to more than 70 free scholarship search sites.
- A page with information on online degree programs and fully accredited online colleges and universities.
- An extremely fast and easy to use online GPA calculator.
- Lists of traditional and online colleges, by state, with links, full contact information, and online applications for admission.
- A list of colleges with programs for students with learning disabilities.
- A student loan calculator which calculates monthly student loan repayments.
- More than 70 helpful articles for students on a variety of topics including college admission, careers, specialty colleges, online degree programs, campus life, scholarships, financial aid, study tips, time management, and more.
- A comprehensive list of Christian colleges, including those that offer online degree programs.
- A complete list of Catholic colleges, including those offering online undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- A state-by-state list (with links) of historically black colleges and universities.
StudentScholarships.org is highlighting over 20 scholarships that will be awarding more than $5 million to students in the 2020 school year. Criteria and deadlines vary, please pay attention.