Scholarships and Financial Aid - LCHS
Remember to check out the website for the school(s) you're interested in attending. You will find links to scholarships offered at their school.
Bethel College is hosting Music & Theater Scholarship Auditions. Dates and times vary. Contact the music or theater department to schedule your audition.
Scholarships for trade schools in Michigan
Imagine America offers scholarships for trade schools in Michigan. The schools listed below participate in the program. Take a look at these 2 schools to see if either might be a good fit for you or your student. If these schools interest you, request information from them. Remember to ask them about the Imagine America scholarship program as well.
Carnegie Institute (Troy, MI): Healthcare Industry related positions, such as Cardiology Technician, Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Medical Business Specialist.
MIAT College of Technology (Canton, MI): Aviation, energy, global logistics & dispatch, HVACR & wind energy.
Pay attention to individual deadlines for each scholarship!!
The Scholarship Programs below are accepting applications from students. Please read the application instructions on the website carefully before applying.
The Beauty + Wellness Scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance ($500) to female students who are leading healthy lifestyles. This is a quarterly scholarship offered Sept. 30th, Jan. 1st, March 31st, and June 30th each year.
BK-Scholars: Burger King is offering $50,000 in scholarship awards for the 2018-19 school year. Deadline is Dec. 15, 2018.
Grand Valley State University merit scholarships: Grand Valley State University offers several freshman merit scholarships, ranging from $500 to $7,000. Application deadline is December 31, 2018 for students enrolling for their fall 2019 semester.
GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program is offering a scholarship program for high school seniors, who demonstrate: Leadership, Drive, Integrity, Citizenship. They are awarding up to $40,000 per scholar. Deadline is January 4, 2019.
John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Essay Contest: The John F. Kennedy Library Foundation invites U.S. high school students to describe and analyze an act of political courage by a U.S. elected official, who served during or after 1917, the year John F. Kennedy was born. First-place winner receives $10,000. Second-place winner receives $1,000. Five finalists receive $500 each. Deadline is January 31, 2019.
Michigan Association of State/Federal Program Specialists 2018 Scholarship: There are 3 state scholarships ($1500, $1000 and $500) for eligible high school seniors or current college freshmen. If you're a LCHS senior or a college freshman who graduated from LCHS, you may be eligible to apply! The top 2 Michigan awardees will be submitted to NAFEPA for consideration of one of 4 NAFEPA scholarships worth $2500 each. Applications must be received by MAIL by January 10, 2018. (No hand-delivered or emailed applications will be accepted)
Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund is offering their General Scholarship Program. It focuses on students who are representative of the Asian American and Pacific Islander community's geographic and ethnic diversity. Scholarships range from one-time $2500 awards to multiyear $20,000 awards. Deadline is January 10, 2019.
University of Michigan Club of Greater Detroit is offering several scholarships for incoming class of Fall of 2018. Students are encouraged to apply for the scholarships before receiving an acceptance letter to U of M. Deadline for applications is 5 pm, Friday, January 19, 2018.
St.Clair Shores Community Chorus Scholarship http://scscommunitychorus.org/scholarships.aspx will be held on February 2018. If you are a high school senior, who shows outstanding ability in vocal music performance, check this out! Deadline for signing up is February 12, 2018.
2018 Michigan Education Association (MEA) Scholarship. Last year, MEA awarded 41 scholarships totally $47,250 ($1500 scholarships to 22 new winners and $750 scholarships to 19 returning college students). They have not yet determined the number and amount of scholarships for 2018. Deadline is February 21, 2019.
WACE advancing cooperative & work-integrated education is offering a National Co-Op Scholarship Program. Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better, and apply for the 2018-19 school year at one of the WACE Partner Institutions (Clarkson University, Drexel University, Merrimack College, Rochester Institute of Technology, State University of New York Oswego, University of Toledo, University of Cincinnati, University of Massachusetts-Lowell, or Wentworth Institute of Technology.
Seton Hall University is hosting the Sustainable Development Challenge. High school students can win over $50,000 in prizes for innovative sustainable development ideas. There are cash prizes PLUS scholarship monies tied to this challenge. Deadline is March 11, 2019.
- Seton Hall Sustainable Development Challenge cover
- Seton Hall Sustainable Development Challenge 2018
SAE Detroit, Lawrence Technological University is hosting the 41st Annual High School Poster Competition on Wednesday, March 21, 2018. Scholarships/awards range from $50 through $1000. Posters are due Monday, March 12, 2018. For more information, visit their website or contact Roxanne Loeffler at Roxanne.firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (248) 324-4445, ext. 3. SAE 2018 poster competition
SAE Detroit, Lawrence Technological University is hosting the 25th Annual Micro-Electric Vehicle Competition on Wednesday, May 2, 2019. Awards range from $50 through $1000 in different categories. Register by Wednesday, April 11, 2018. For more information, visit their website or contact Roxanne Loeffler at Roxanne.email@example.com or by phone (248) 324-4445, ext. 3.
William Coyne Memorial Scholarship Program through Credit union ONE. Deadline is April 1, 2018.
Homer Van Hollenbeck Foundation is offering a $2500 scholarship to a Macomb County High School Senior beginning college in Fall 2018. Applicants must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher and demonstrate financial need. Deadline is May 31, 2018.
Ave Maria University in Florida is offering The Michigan Scholarship, $7,000/year x 4 years, to first-time freshmen residents of the state of Michigan.
ABODO is offering the “Off To College” scholarship - They want to know what you are “taking with you” from home to college, and you could win a $500 scholarship. It could be a physical object, like your favorite sweatshirt, or a lesson your soccer coach taught you; whatever you’re “carrying” to college, share the significance with us and explain the sentimental value and story behind it. To win, describe this item/experience/lesson in a piece no longer than 1000 words, but please include between 1-5 of your own related pictures. Deadline is August 31, 2018.
Fastweb offers a listing of resources including Scholarship Scams, 2017-18 calendar of important testing dates, listing of important contacts, web resources, financial aid information and student loan information. Please click on these links for specific details of the above:
AXA Achievement Scholarship, $1.4 million available (amounts of $2,500, $10,000 and $25,000).
Discover® Student Loans Scholarship
Discover is happy to announce our 2017 $2,500 Discover® Student Loans Scholarship Award that will give away a total of $100,000 in scholarships to 40 individuals. New this year, both students and parents of eligible students can register.
Now through December 31, 2017, eligible students and parents can enter to win one of the $2,500 scholarships by signing up to receive helpful tips on planning and paying for college at www.CollegeCovered.com/Assist . Students and parents can earn up to three additional entries into the Discover Student Loans scholarship sweepstakes when they share the sweepstakes via Facebook, Twitter and/or e-mail and their friend enters via the link in their share.
Winners will be randomly drawn on:
- June 8, 2017
- September 6, 2017
- January 8, 2018
No purchase or student loan is necessary for students to enter or win.
We encourage you to copy and share the text below with students and parents on your website, social media pages or in other promotional materials.
Online Colleges, Degrees, and Scholarships
Our mission is to provide comprehensive, actionable information for:
- High school students headed for traditional two or four-year colleges.
- Adults who wish to improve their career options and earning power by enrolling in online degree or online certificate programs at the undergraduate level.
- Students of all ages interested in enrolling in vocational, technical, and career schools and colleges.
- Undergraduate degree holders seeking a master’s, doctoral, or professional school degree online.
The top ten most popular pages on this site are:
- A page which lists and links to more than 70 free scholarship search sites.
- A page with information on online degree programs and fully accredited online colleges and universities.
- An extremely fast and easy to use online GPA calculator.
- Lists of traditional and online colleges, by state, with links, full contact information, and online applications for admission.
- A list of colleges with programs for students with learning disabilities.
- A student loan calculator which calculates monthly student loan repayments.
- More than 70 helpful articles for students on a variety of topics including college admission, careers, specialty colleges, online degree programs, campus life, scholarships, financial aid, study tips, time management, and more.
- A comprehensive list of Christian colleges, including those that offer online degree programs.
- A complete list of Catholic colleges, including those offering online undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- A state-by-state list (with links) of historically black colleges and universities.
StudentScholarships.org is highlighting 10 scholarships that will be awarding more than $5 million to students in the 2017 school year. Criteria and deadlines vary, please pay attention. Some current scholarships are listed below:
- $1,000 (5 awards) North American Van Lines Logistics Scholarships, deadline is Dec. 15, 2017
- $5,000 (3 awards) Skilled Labor Shortage Scholarship, deadline is Dec. 15, 2017
- $1,000 (1 award) Zeqr Scholarship, deadline is Dec. 15, 2017
- $25,000 (52 awards) AXA Achievement Scholarship, deadline is Dec. 15, 2017
- $5,000 (10 awards) International Housewares Association Scholarship, deadline is Dec. 18, 2017
- $1,000 (20 awards) Dr. Juan Andrade, Jr., Scholarship, deadline is Dec. 29, 2017
- $1,000 (1 award) You Deserve It Scholarship, deadline is Dec. 29, 2017
- $1,000 (4 awards) NRA Scholarships, deadline Dec. 31, 2017
- $100,000 (30 awards) Thiel Fellowship, Deadline Dec. 31, 2017
- $10,000 (8 awards) FACT Scholarships, deadline Dec. 31, 2017
- $1,000 (5 awards) Imagine America Scholarships, deadline Dec. 31, 2017
- $1,500 (3 awards) Picture Keeper Scholarships, deadline Dec. 31, 2017
- $1,000 (1 award) Harris Poll Scholarship, deadline Dec. 31, 2017
- $5,000 (5 awards) Easton/NFAA Scholarship Program, deadline is Dec. 31, 2017
- $850 (3 awards) Youth Scholarship Program, deadline is Dec. 31, 2017
- $500 (1 award) Rove Pest Control Scholarship, deadline is Dec. 31, 2017
- $4,000 (27 awards) CrossLites Scholarship, deadline is Dec. 31, 2017
- $5,000 (3 awards) Knight Essay Scholarship, Deadline is Dec. 31, 2017
- $850 (3 awards) American Ecologist Initiative Scholarship, deadline Dec. 31, 2017
- $1,000 (6 awards) Youth Forward Scholarship, deadline is Dec. 31, 2017
- $10,000 (10 awards) College Scholarship for High School Students, deadline is Dec. 31, 2017
- $5,000 (1 award) VIP Scholarship, deadline is Dec. 31, 2017
- $5,000 (4 awards) Illustrators of the Future Scholarship, deadline Dec. 31, 2017
- $10,000 (10 awards) SP Scholarships, deadline Dec. 31, 2017
- $10,000 (7 awards) Profile in Courage Scholarship, deadline is Jan. 4, 2018
- $40,000 (10 awards) Ron Brown Scholarship Program, deadline is Jan. 9, 2018
- $5,000 (5 awards) Washington Crossing Foundation Scholarship, Deadline Jan. 15, 2018
- $1,000 (1 award) Pathable Women in Science Scholarship, deadline Jan. 15, 2018
- $1,000 (1 award) Feldco Windows, Siding & Doors Scholarship, deadline Jan. 15, 2018
- $1,000 (1 award) Technology Addiction Awareness Scholarship, Deadline is Jan. 30, 2018
- $1,000 (1 award) Hamilton, Hull & Byrd Giving Back Scholarship, deadline is Jan. 31, 2018
- $5,000 (1 award) VIP Scholarship, deadline is January 31, 2018
- $4,000 (100 awards) Union Plus Scholarship, deadline Jan. 31, 2018
- $1,000 (2 awards) ABPA Scholarship, deadline is Jan. 31, 2018