LCHS Activities / Clubs
Sponsor: Rebecca Culver
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management. DECA was founded in 1946 and currently has over 215,000 in all 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Canada, China, Germany, Guam, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Spain.
LCHS DECA Club participates in field trips, conferences and competition (local, state and international)
- Meetings are held on Tuesdays or Thursdays from 2:30 PM to 3:00 PM
- Room 128
Freshman Mentor Program
- Responsible for helping freshman students adjust to high school life through freshman orientation and school projects.
- Requires about one hour every three weeks.
- Any junior or senior is eligible to join (can apply at end of junior or sophomore year)
- Application process with teacher nomination and/or recommendation.
- Sponsors: Ms. Prescott and Mr. Grix
Applications & Videos are being accepted for School Year 21-22
National Art Honor Society
National Honor Society
- National Honor Society is based on scholarship, leadership, character and service.
- Members must participate in NHS events/school projects for at least 10 hours per year, such as tutoring, fundraising and leadership skills.
- Students who have a 3.5 GPA or higher are eligible to apply. Must be involved with at least one other school sponsored sport, club or activity.
- Sponsor: Gabriela Micheloni and Rie Burson
Quiz Bowl Sponser: David Kuznia
- Quiz Bowl consists of general trivia questions ranging over many topics. Competitions use a lock-out buzzer system in a competitive match.
- Games take place on Tuesday evenings from October through January. All students are welcome to play.
The LCHS Student Council is looking for leaders. If you would like to play an important role in creating a vibrant and positive school culture, then we encourage you to apply. You can access the application by clicking on the link below. Applications are due on Monday, June 8th. If you have any questions or concerns, please email our student council advisors at their emails below.
- Students help with school events such as: Homecoming, charity drives, and staff appreciation events.
- Student councils are elected representatives of the student body that help with school activities and events. There are weekly meetings.
- See Mrs. Witkowski in the main office or Mrs. Chase in Room 209.
The L'Anse Creuse Guild of Oil Painters
Club Sponsor: Peter Doroh
The LC Painting Guild provides students (any level) with the time, space and community to develop a body of work and participate in a creative dialogue with peers. Combining theory, practice and feedback this Club encourages experimentation and exploration within self-defined projects.
- Open to any student with a desire to learn oil painting in the academic style.
- Located in Room 136
- Meet from 2:30 PM to 3:45 PM every Wednesday (unless notified)
- Fees: $10 for canvas and oil paint
Ski Club Sponsor: Jennifer Allen email@example.com
Sign up for Reminds: text @skiwithlc to 81010.
- Open to everyone
- Ski trips to Mt. Holly on various Friday's throughout the Winter
- See Mrs. Allen in Room 236 for more information or email at the address above.