LCHS Activities / Clubs
Sponsor: Rebecca Culver
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management. DECA was founded in 1946 and currently has over 215,000 in all 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Canada, China, Germany, Guam, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Spain.
LCHS DECA Club participates in field trips, conferences and competition (local, state and international)
- Meetings are held on Tuesdays or Thursdays from 2:30 PM to 3:00 PM
- Room 128
- To involve students in theatre, be onstage, backstage or in the audience.
- Meetings are held once a month.
- See Mrs. Ethridge in Room 216
Freshman Mentor Program
- Responsible for helping freshmen students adjust to high school life through freshmen orientation and school projects.
- Requires about one hour every three weeks.
- Any junior or senior is eligible to join (can apply at end of junior or sophomore year)
- Application process with teacher nomination and/or recommendation.
- Sponsors: Ms. Prescott and Mr. Grix
National Art Honor Society
- To create an awareness and appreciation for the fine arts in our school and community.
- Students must have completed 1 art class at LCHS, maintain a 3.3 GPA in Art, complete an application and submit 3 letters of recommendation.
- See Ms. Sonara in Room 123.
National Honor Society
- National Honor Society is based on scholarship, leadership, character and service.
- Members must participate in NHS events/school projects for at least 10 hours per year, such as tutoring, fundraising and leadership skills.
- Students who have a 3.3 GPA or higher are eligible to apply. Must be involved with at least one other school sponsored sport, club or activity.
- Sponsor: Melissa Champ and Roxanne Affeldt
- Quiz Bowl consists of general trivia questions ranging over many topics. Competitions use a lock-out buzzer system in a competitive match.
- Games take place on Tuesday evenings from October through January. Practice schedule is yet to be set. All students are welcome to play.
- See Ms. Sonsara in Room 123 for more information.
Sponsor: Mee Mee Ashba
Experience Science in a whole new way. Practices are Thursday nights starting November 8, 2018.
For more information, contact Sponsor Mrs. Ashba.
The L'Anse Creuse Guild of Oil Painters
Club Sponsor: Peter Doroh
The LC Painting Guild provides students (any level) with the time, space and community to develop a body of work and participate in a creative dialogue with peers. Combining theory, practice and feedback this Club encourages experimentation and exploration within self-defined projects.
- Open to any student with a desire to learn oil painting in the academic style.
- Located in Room 136
- Meet from 2:30 PM to 3:45 PM every Wednesday (unless notified)
- Fees: $10 for canvas and oil paint