LCHS Counseling Office
Students are assigned to a counselor according to their last name. You may contact any of the counselors by telephone at 586-783-6400, then enter the appropriate ext. number or by email.
Parchment - L'Anse Creuse High School has partnered with Parchment to order and send your transcript and other credentials securely.
ASSE International Student Exchange Program - information on the foreign exchange program
Records Transcript Request- Parchment.com
Records and/or transcript requests can be submitted to Teri Salgot, faxed to (586) 783-6407 or brought in to the Counseling Office. Any questions regarding your request should be directed to our Records Department at (586) 783-6400 ext 1216
Honor Cord Colors
3.3 and above:
- Band - Dark Green
- Business - Black
- Choir - Pink
- English - White
- Mathematics - Lavender
- Science - Burgundy
- Social Studies - Purple
- World Language - Red
- DECA Club - Blue and White with Charm
- National Art Honor Society Membership - Multi-colored
- National Honor Society Outstanding Service & Leadership - Royal Blue
- Science Olympiad - Light Green
- Senior Honors Project - Light Blue
- Student Council - Whisper Grey
- 80 or more hours of Community Service - Teal
- L'Anse Creuse High School Tenured Teachers - Blue and White
- Outstanding CTE, PA and MST Student - Maroon and Silver
- Mu Alpha Theta - Lilac and Gold
- Thespian - Gold and White
National Honor Society Members:
- White Insignia Stole
Music Honor Society Members:
- Tri-M Medallion
Community Service Learning:
- President's Student Service Certificate - in addition to a Honor Cord, graduates are awarded this certificate for having served 100 or more hours of Community Service
- Cum Laude: Gold Honor Cord - graduates achieved a GPA of 3.0-3.499
- Manga Cum Laude: Honor Medallion - graduates achieved a GPA of 3.5-3.99
- Summa Cum Laude: graduates have achieved a GPA 4.0 and above
Mental Health Services
- Police / Fire: 911
Community Information / Referral
- United Way of Southwestern Michigan: 211
24 Hour Crisis Prevention
- Macomb County Crisis Center: 586-307-9100
- Sexual Abuse Hotline: 800-656-4673
- Turning Point: 586-463-6990
Abuse / Family Violence
- Children's Protective Services: 855-444-3911
- National Child Abuse Hotline: 800-422-4453
- Turning Point - Domestic Violence: 586-463-6990
- Alateen / Alanon Family Groups: 313-242-0300
- Alcoholics Anonymous: 877-337-0611
- Narcotics Anonymouse: 877-338-1188
- CARE: 586-541-2273
- CARE - Macomb Crisis: 586-307-9100
Runaway / Homeless Shelters
- Shelter - Family Youth Interventions: 586-465-1212
- Refuge Outreach: 586-463-7338
- Transitional Living Program: 586-463-7070
- National Runway Hotline: 800-780-2929
- Macomb County Health Department - Sexually Transmitted Diesease Clinic: 586-465-9217
- Family Planning: 586-468-5491
- MyCare Health Care - Mt Clemens: 586-783-2222
Clinton Twp.: 586-493-0961
- National STD and AIDS Hotline: 800-232-4636
- Poison Control Center: 800-222-1222
- Safe Babies Delivery Hotline: 866-733-7733
- Planned Parenthood: 586-558-0101
- Trevor Project: 866-488-7386
- Ruth Ellis Center: 313-252-1950
- Affirmations: 248-398-7105
- Community Mental Health - Access Center: 586-948-0222
- Macomb Family Service: 586-226-3440
- Havenwyck Hospital: 800-401-2727
- Harbor Oaks Hospital: 866-258-3079
The Refuge - Family Youth Interventions - A place for teens Tuesday and Thursday 4 - 9pm
The Student Connection
If your student is not achieving the academic success you know he or she can reach, you have not found that one "missing piece".
At the Student Connection, they work to understand how each learner is unique, what best motivates him or her and what each student needs to reach new levels of achievement.
Michigan-based with strong ties to the community, they are deeply committed to the success of every one of their students.
They offer a full range of educational and diagnostic programs and services. These include:
Preparation for Standardized Exams
On-Site Academic Programs
Advocacy for Students and Parents
Designed around the needs of the student, their programs and services are comprehensive, flexible and effective.
42627 Garfield, Suite #211
Clinton Township, MI 48038
770 Forest Avenue
Birmingham, MI 48009
CARE of Southeastern Michigan
CARE of Southeastern Michigan’s mission is to educate, link and support individuals, families, businesses and communities affected by family concerns, workplace challenges, mental health conditions and the misuse of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
SENIOR HONORS PROJECT
- Students who have a 3.0 overall GPA for 4 years in high school may choose to spend the last 2 weeks of school in a work environment to learn more about a particular field.
- There are several mandatory meetings prior to leaving for the Senior Honors Project. Students must meet GPA requirements.
- First meeting will be held in December.
- Contact Mrs. Keener or students can stop in to Room 108 for more information.
Attention students/minors seeking employment during the school year or over the summer:
A work permit must be completed prior to employment:
- Student/minor completes section one
- Employer completes section two
- LCHS completes section three
See the counseling office clerk for instructions and how to obtain your permit.
NHS sponsors Homework Help on Tuesdays in the Media Center from 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM. Check-in by 2:45 PM in the Media Center.
- Meet at the tables
- All subjects - all classes with tutors available
- No need to sign up in advance
If you are interested in a private tutor for your student, please contact the appropriate counselor for a current list.
Counseling Office Staff
Student Records, Transcripts, Immunizations