Media Center - Central
Welcome to the Middle School Central Media Center
The resources below are provided as a free service from the Michigan Electronic Library (MeL). Here, students and parents can access numerous databases containing a wealth of reliable research resources, databases, homework help, educational games and more!
- Michigan Electronic Library Kids Portal: Here you can find all kinds of good stuff for school! Silly poems, educational games, databases just for kids, homework help and more!
- Michigan Electronic Teens Portal: Life moves fast! Between school, sports, work, and socializing there’s not much time left for researching information! Luckily, the Michigan Electronic Library has done that for you! Quickly locate homework help, good reads, and much more!
- MSC Labs
- This map collection site provides U.S. maps, world maps and specialized maps (outlines, aerial, road, etc.) A great, comprehensive site for map users.
Citation and Style Guides
Citation Machine - generate, edit, and publish an MLA Works Cited list of APA References list that complies with the rules of the current MLA Handbook and APA Publication Manual.
Bib Me - the fully automatic bibliography maker that auto-fills. It's the easiest way to build a works cited page.
World Book can now be accessed via the web in district without a user name and password.
- Students will be able to access World Book from home by logging on as lcpsworldbook and the password is lcpsbooks.
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
- Dictionary - need a dictionary for any word in any language? Here is your website.
- Information Please - find answers in our almanac, encyclopedias and dictionaries.
- Library Spot 25,000 References This website has numerous dictionary and encyclopedia links.
- Many Language Site - if you need a different language, this is the website for you.
- World Book Encyclopedia Online - this highly interactive website contains excellent resources for homework help, family learning, and much more!
Please note that each hyperlink listed above will open a new browser window.
Internet Search Engines
These search engines do not all work the same way, so you may need to use different ones until you find all of your answers.
- Ask Jeeves - just ask your question and Jeeves will search for the best answer.
- Dogpile - the Dogpile meta-search engine will send your query to 25 search engines.
- Northern Light - combines the Internet and special Collection results for a higher-caliber search.
- Redzee - Gives filtered results with a snapshot of the homepage.
- Snap - a search engine with lots of get-up-and-go.
- Detroit Public Library
- Macomb County Library Research and Reference Center - Username: macomb, Password: library
- Macomb Public Libraries - network of public libraries in the Macomb County area which have joined together
- Michigan Libraries - the Library of Michigan is a nationally recognized information resource to the legislature, state government and citizens of Michigan.
- Discovery Education: Provided by the MISD, Discovery Education, formerly UnitedStreaming, provides access to thousands of full videos, video clips, black line masters, educator guides, images, and much more. Please e-mail Liz Allen for your initial building Passcode to create a new account.
- Media Center Computer Lab Schedule: This is a place teachers can view schedules or schedule class time in the Media Center Computer Labs.
- Michigan Online Resources for Educators (M.O.R.E.): Supported by Title II, Part D, M.O.R.E. contains numerous lesson plans, templates, and collaborative communities for educators. One of M.O.R.E.’s best features is its ability to allow teachers to search for activities based on common core state standards.
- MISD Beal Library: Here, educators can search the MISD Beal Library catalog for journals, audio, video, and text resources. Additionally, many textbooks for local teacher education classes can be found here, as well!
- MISD Teacher Portal: From the Macomb ISD, the teacher portal contains resources for teachers in the areas of curriculum, instruction, assessment, evaluation, student support and much more.