Safe at School
The safety of our students and staff is a top priority for L’Anse Creuse Middle School - EAST. To limit building access during school hours the district has installed a “buzz-to-enter” system in most buildings. The new security system will be implemented on April 16, 2014.
During school hours all exterior doors will remain locked, including the main entryway. Visitors will be “buzzed” into the building at the main entryway using a new video phone doorbell and buzzer.
A sign near the video phone doorbell explains the process for visitors:
- Buzz doorbell and turn toward the camera.
- Wait for the office staff to respond.
- Provide your name and photo ID.
- State your reason for entering the building.
- Upon entering, report directly to the office.
Parents must sign the student out on the release list located in the counseling office. Only those people listed on the emergency information will be allowed to sign a student out. Parents/guardians must show picture identification when picking up a student. If the parent needs to add or delete a responsible adult, from the release list, please contact the counseling office
All visitors to Middle School – East will remain in the counseling office or main office until:
- The visitor signs in and receives a dated sticker visitor pass.
- The sticker pass will be unique to our school. The date will be written on the pass.
- Visitors will be escorted to their destination.
- All Guest Teachers must wear a visible badge.
Parents will not be allowed to wait in the main entrance area to pick up students or deliver lunches.
These rules remain in effect from 7:50 a.m. to 3:05 p.m. each day.