Hello! Mrs. Gennifer Bradshaw and Mrs. Julie Thompson are the music teachers here at Tenniswood Elementary. This web page serves as a window into our music classroom. Please visit us often to find out about all the musical happenings taking place in our building.
- Full Day Kindergartners receive general music instruction once a week for 50 minutes a session.
- Students in Grades 1-5 receive general music instruction once a week for 50 minutes.
L’Anse Creuse Elementary Music Belief Statements
- Music has a place in the lives of all children.
- Students are encouraged to leave the elementary music program with a desire to further their musical education.
- The elementary music program enables students to develop a lifelong, knowledgeable appreciation of music.
- The elementary music program extends, enriches and supports the total curriculum and the learning process
November 28, 2017: 5th Grade Choir and 1st Grade Winter Concert at JAPAC at 7pm
April 24, 2018: 4th Grade Choir and 2nd Grade Spring Concert at JAPAC at 7pm
- All students in the Fifth Grade are required to learn to play the soprano recorder.
- All students will have the opportunity to purchase/borrow a recorder from the music department.
- Recorder books will be provided to the students free of charge.