Lobbestael Elementary's Belief Statement
The staff at Lobbestael School believes that each student is a unique individual who has the ability and desire to learn. Since all children learn at different rates according to ability, prior knowledge, and experience, learning occurs most effectively when all modes of instruction are utilized. We believe that increased parental involvement and positive self-esteem will enhance the learning process.
Our Lobbestael Staff is dedicated to creating an effective learning environment where teachers and staff together serve as role models to facilitate learning and foster social value. We accept the challenge to provide a program that develops a well-rounded person and encourages lifelong independent learning, using both critical and creative thinking.
School Improvement Goals and Strategies
Students will increase and improve comprehension skills
- Professional Development for staff in the areas of teaching comprehension strategies to students
- Progress monitoring of students and support through Response to Intervention (RtI)
- Implementation of the Daily 5 literacy structure and Comprehension, Accuracy, Fluency and Expanding Vocabulary (C.A.F.E.)
All students will increase and improve skills to become fluent readers
- Small group interventions to provide support for students
- Implementation of the literacy C.A.F.E.
- Oral reading activities through partner reading and reading to cross-grade buddies
All students will show growth in written expression
- Professional Development on the implementation of Writer’s Workshop
- Instruction and modeling of grade level specific objectives and criteria
- Publishing and sharing of writing