Auto Collision and Refinishing
Auto Collision and Refinishing is offered as a one or two year program designed to teach students entry level skills. Students will gain enough skills making them employable in an independent or dealership collision and refinishing shop.
- Classes are offered as a two hour block.
- Course Description from Curriculum Guidebook
This approved NATEF / ASE / AYES (National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation/Automotive Service Excellence/Automotive Youth Education Systems) program teaches students the fundamentals of auto collision repair and refinishing. It also includes instruction on damage repair, welding, surface preparation and painting. Students will also have the opportunity to learn computer and hands-on estimating.
This program is certified by the following organizations:
NATEF (National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation) Certified Program
AYES (Automotive Youth Education System) Certified Program connected through the Detroit Automotive Dealers Association (D.A.D.A.).
Note: Successful completion of this course fulfills the 2011 high school graduation requirement for a credit in Visual, Performing or Applied Arts.
**Pending DCC approval Math-related credit to fulfill 2011 graduation requirement
Externship (co-op) eligible program.
This one-year program will teach students all of the basic paint and body skills.
Students will learn the basic skills that are necessary to pursue a career in the field of auto collision and refinishing.
- Career Technical Student Organization: SkillsUSA
- Certification: NATEF / ASE National Certifications in paint, Pankow 1 year CTE Skill Certificate upon successful completion in the program.
- Articulation Agreements: Oakland Community College, Ohio Technical College, Lincoln Tech
- Related Careers: Auto Body Repair, Automotive Refinisher, Auto Restoration, Auto Repair Service Manager and/or Estimator