Scholarships - LCHS North
Remember to check out the website for the school(s) you're interested in attending. You will find links to scholarships offered at their school.
Bethel College is hosting Music & Theater Scholarship Auditions. Dates and times vary. Contact the music or theater department to schedule your audition.
Scholarships for trade schools in Michigan
Imagine America offers scholarships for trade schools in Michigan. The schools listed below participate in the program. Take a look at these 2 schools to see if either might be a good fit for you or your student. If these schools interest you, request information from them. Remember to ask them about the Imagine America scholarship program as well.
Carnegie Institute (Troy, MI): Healthcare Industry related positions, such as Cardiology Technician, Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Medical Business Specialist.
MIAT College of Technology (Canton, MI): Aviation, energy, global logistics & dispatch, HVACR & wind energy.
Pay attention to individual deadlines for each scholarship!!
The Scholarship Programs below are accepting applications from students. Please read the application instructions on the website carefully before applying.
The Beauty + Wellness Scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance ($500) to female students who are leading healthy lifestyles. This is a quarterly scholarship offered Sept. 30th, Jan. 1st, March 31st, and June 30th each year.
2018 Michigan Education Association (MEA) Scholarship. Last year, MEA awarded 41 scholarships totally $47,250 ($1500 scholarships to 22 new winners and $750 scholarships to 19 returning college students). They have not yet determined the number and amount of scholarships for 2018. Deadline is February 22, 2018.
2018 Thomas D. McLennan Scholarship Award of $1,000 offered by the Metropolitan Detroit Bureau of School Studies. If you're a high school senior intending to enroll at one of the following colleges/universities: Henry Ford College, Oakland County Community College, Oakland University, Wayne County Community College, and Wayne State University, you may apply. Deadline is March 2, 2018.
Michigan Schools & Government Credit Union 2018 is offering more than $100,000 in scholarships! High School Seniors planning to pursue a degree in education should apply. Deadline is March 2, 2018.
WACE advancing cooperative & work-integrated education is offering a National Co-Op Scholarship Program. Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better, and apply for the 2018-19 school year at one of the WACE Partner Institutions (Clarkson University, Drexel University, Merrimack College, Rochester Institute of Technology, State University of New York Oswego, University of Toledo, University of Cincinnati, University of Massachusetts-Lowell, or Wentworth Institute of Technology.
Seton Hall University is hosting the Sustainable Development Challenge. High school students can win over $50,000 in prizes for innovative sustainable development ideas. There are cash prizes PLUS scholarship monies tied to this challenge. Deadline is March 11, 2018.
- Seton Hall Sustainable Development Challenge cover
- Seton Hall Sustainable Development Challenge 2018
SAE Detroit, Lawrence Technological University is hosting the 41st Annual High School Poster Competition on Wednesday, March 21, 2018. Scholarships/awards range from $50 through $1000. Posters are due Monday, March 12, 2018. For more information, visit their website or contact Roxanne Loeffler at Roxanne.firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (248) 324-4445, ext. 3. SAE 2018 poster competition
Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan 2018 is offering several scholarships including the following: Jeptha Wade Schureman Scholarship worth $7,500. Eligibility includes being a fatherless student living in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Monroe, Lenawee, Washtenaw, Livingston or St. Clair. The Otis Smith Scholarship is worth up to $3,000 and will be awarded to selected single parent mothers attending Columbus College of Law at Catholic University of America, any campus of University of Michigan (any degree) or any campus leading to any degree at Wayne State University. The Helen Tallman Scholarship is for a high-school senior with financial need, who plans to attend Wayne State University to pursue a degree in engineering or medical/pre-medical. Deadline for these scholarships is March 15, 2018.
The David Barns Scholarship 2018 will be awarded to a male and a female high school senior (attending high school in Genesee, Lapeer, Oakland, or Macomb County) that best represents David's academic excellence, athletic prowess, and commitment to the community. This $2,500 scholarship IS renewable! Application deadline is March 16, 2018.
The East Macomb Chapter of Michigan Association of Retired School Personnel (EMARSP) is offering four $750 scholarships to deserving Macomb County public high school students, who are planning to attend a Michigan college or university in the fall. Application deadline is March 30, 2018. EMARSP Scholarship criteria and application 2018
SAE Detroit, Lawrence Technological University is hosting the 25th Annual Micro-Electric Vehicle Competition on Wednesday, May 2, 2018. Awards range from $50 through $1000 in different categories. Register by Wednesday, April 11, 2018. For more information, visit their website or contact Roxanne Loeffler at Roxanne.email@example.com or by phone (248) 324-4445, ext. 3.
William Coyne Memorial Scholarship Program through Credit union ONE. Deadline is April 1, 2018.
Michigan Retailers Association 2018 is offering 19 scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $2,000. To be eligible, the student or his/her parent must be employed at a business that is a member of Michigan Retailers Association. Deadline for application is April 2, 2018.
2018 Student-View Scholarship Program is offering $11,000 worth of scholarships to high-school seniors, who plan to attend a 4-year college, community/junior college or career school. Scholarships range from $500 (10) to $4,000 (1). The scholarships will be awarded via a random drawing of all completed applications. Don't delay, deadline is April 22, 2018.
Homer Van Hollenbeck Foundation is offering a $2500 scholarship to a Macomb County High School Senior beginning college in Fall 2018. Applicants must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher and demonstrate financial need. Deadline is May 31, 2018.
2018 Typology Central Personality Type Scholarship is offering a $2,000 and a $500 scholarship. Deadline is June 23, 2018.
Senior Advice.com Senior Caregiver Scholarship 2018 is awarding a $2,000 scholarship to an eligible student, who has been a caregiver for a senior friend or relative. The application includes a video segment. Deadline is July 15, 2018.
HardMoneyHome.com Volunteerism & Entrepreneurship Scholarship 2018 is offering a $1,000 scholarship based on a combination of merit and need. You must have an interest in starting a business, organization or non-profit in the future, or have already started a business, organization or non-profit. Deadline is July 15, 2018.
Ave Maria University in Florida is offering The Michigan Scholarship, $7,000/year x 4 years, to first-time freshmen residents of the state of Michigan.
ABODO is offering the “Off To College” scholarship - They want to know what you are “taking with you” from home to college, and you could win a $500 scholarship. It could be a physical object, like your favorite sweatshirt, or a lesson your soccer coach taught you; whatever you’re “carrying” to college, share the significance with us and explain the sentimental value and story behind it. To win, describe this item/experience/lesson in a piece no longer than 1000 words, but please include between 1-5 of your own related pictures. Deadline is August 31, 2018.
Discover Student Loans is offering ELEVEN $10,000 scholarships for 2018. Winners will be chosen randomly. Just sign up to receive helpful emails with college resources and you'll be entered to win! Deadline is January 31, 2019.
Fastweb offers a listing of resources including Scholarship Scams, 2017-18 calendar of important testing dates, listing of important contacts, web resources, financial aid information and student loan information. Please click on these links for specific details of the above:
AXA Achievement Scholarship, $1.4 million available (amounts of $2,500, $10,000 and $25,000).
Online Colleges, Degrees, and Scholarships
Our mission is to provide comprehensive, actionable information for:
- High school students headed for traditional two or four-year colleges.
- Adults who wish to improve their career options and earning power by enrolling in online degree or online certificate programs at the undergraduate level.
- Students of all ages interested in enrolling in vocational, technical, and career schools and colleges.
- Undergraduate degree holders seeking a master’s, doctoral, or professional school degree online.
The top ten most popular pages on this site are:
- A page which lists and links to more than 70 free scholarship search sites.
- A page with information on online degree programs and fully accredited online colleges and universities.
- An extremely fast and easy to use online GPA calculator.
- Lists of traditional and online colleges, by state, with links, full contact information, and online applications for admission.
- A list of colleges with programs for students with learning disabilities.
- A student loan calculator which calculates monthly student loan repayments.
- More than 70 helpful articles for students on a variety of topics including college admission, careers, specialty colleges, online degree programs, campus life, scholarships, financial aid, study tips, time management, and more.
- A comprehensive list of Christian colleges, including those that offer online degree programs.
- A complete list of Catholic colleges, including those offering online undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- A state-by-state list (with links) of historically black colleges and universities.
StudentScholarships.org is highlighting many scholarships that will be awarding more than $5 million to students. Criteria and deadlines vary, please pay attention. Some current scholarships are listed below:
- $1,000 (1 award) You Deserve It Scholarshpi; deadline is Feb. 27, 2018
- $10,000 (10 awards) SP Scholarships; deadline is Feb. 28, 2018
- $1,000 (1 award) Harris Poll Scholarship; deadline is Feb. 28, 2018
- $10,000 (10 awards) College Scholarship for High School Students; deadline is Feb. 28, 2018
- $5,000 (1 award) VIP Scholarship; deadline is Feb. 28, 2018
- $2,000 (2 awards) Project Yellow Light Billboard Scholarship; deadline is Mar. 1, 2018
- $1,000 (3 awards) National Farmers Farm Kids Scholarships; deadline is Mar. 1, 2018
- $10,000 (150 awards) SEG Scholarship; deadline is Mar. 1, 2018
- $2,500 (3 awards) GreenIS Scholarship; deadline is Mar. 1, 2018
- $10,000 (1 award) Gallery Collection Scholarship; deadline is Mar. 1, 2018
- $5,000 (10 awards) USPAACC Scholarships; deadline is Mar. 10, 2018
- $20,000 (10 awards) Microsoft Disability Scholarship; deadline is Mar. 15, 2018
- $2,500 (2 awards) United States Institute of Peace Scholarships; deadline is Mar. 15, 2018
- $20,000 (2 awards) Beyond the Boroughs National Scholarship; deadline is Mar. 15, 2018
- $1,000 (1 award) Harris Poll Scholarship; deadline is Mar. 15, 2018
- $3,000 (7 awards) Sister Rita Jeanne Scholarships; deadline is Mar. 15, 2018
- $5,000 (77 awards) AFSA Scholarship Program; deadline is Mar. 15, 2018
- $2,500 (1 award) Intertech Foundation Scholarship; deadline is Mar. 15, 2018
- $10,000 (1 award) Richard Holland Memorial Scholarship; deadline is Mar. 15, 2018
Local Scholarship Packet
The 2018 Local Scholarship Packet deadline has passed. Scholarships will be awarded at our Honors Convocation Ceremony on May 30, 2018.