Scholarships - LCHS North
Remember to check out the website for the school(s) you're interested in attending. You will find links to scholarships offered at their school.
Bethel College is hosting Music & Theater Scholarship Auditions. Dates and times vary. Contact the music or theater department to schedule your audition.
Scholarships for trade schools in Michigan
Imagine America offers scholarships for trade schools in Michigan. The schools listed below participate in the program. Take a look at these 2 schools to see if either might be a good fit for you or your student. If these schools interest you, request information from them. Remember to ask them about the Imagine America scholarship program as well.
Carnegie Institute (Troy, MI): Healthcare Industry related positions, such as Cardiology Technician, Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Medical Business Specialist.
MIAT College of Technology (Canton, MI): Aviation, energy, global logistics & dispatch, HVACR & wind energy.
Pay attention to individual deadlines for each scholarship!!
The Scholarship Programs below are accepting applications from students. Please read the application instructions on the website carefully before applying.
Metro Detroit Youth Day Scholarship 2018 is offering scholarships ranging from $250 to $1000 to Metro Detroit Seniors who have been accepted to a 2 or 4-year university, have a minimum GPA of 2,0 or higher. Complete the application and submit required documents and to be among those reviewed for selection for this scholarship! Deadline is April 27th, 2018.
The Beauty + Wellness Scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance ($500) to female students who are leading healthy lifestyles. This is a quarterly scholarship offered Sept. 30th, Jan. 1st, March 31st, and June 30th each year.
WACE advancing cooperative & work-integrated education is offering a National Co-Op Scholarship Program. Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better, and apply for the 2018-19 school year at one of the WACE Partner Institutions (Clarkson University, Drexel University, Merrimack College, Rochester Institute of Technology, State University of New York Oswego, University of Toledo, University of Cincinnati, University of Massachusetts-Lowell, or Wentworth Institute of Technology.
2018 Student-View Scholarship Program is offering $11,000 worth of scholarships to high-school seniors, who plan to attend a 4-year college, community/junior college or career school. Scholarships range from $500 (10) to $4,000 (1). The scholarships will be awarded via a random drawing of all completed applications. Don't delay, deadline is April 22, 2018.
Denisse Gutierrez Iglesias Rowinski Memorial Scholarship is offering a college scholarship to Latina or Hispanic seniors. Application deadline is May 1st, 2018. Check out the application for complete criteria and details.
Homer Van Hollenbeck Foundation is offering a $2500 scholarship to a Macomb County High School Senior beginning college in Fall 2018. Applicants must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher and demonstrate financial need. Deadline is May 31, 2018.
2018 Typology Central Personality Type Scholarship is offering a $2,000 and a $500 scholarship. Deadline is June 23, 2018.
Senior Advice.com Senior Caregiver Scholarship 2018 is awarding a $2,000 scholarship to an eligible student, who has been a caregiver for a senior friend or relative. The application includes a video segment. Deadline is July 15, 2018.
HardMoneyHome.com Volunteerism & Entrepreneurship Scholarship 2018 is offering a $1,000 scholarship based on a combination of merit and need. You must have an interest in starting a business, organization or non-profit in the future, or have already started a business, organization or non-profit. Deadline is July 15, 2018.
Who wants to be paid for As & Bs, community service, taking the SAT/ACT? The University of Dayton offers $1,000 for an A, $600 for a B in a core class, $30 for each hour of community service above 15 hours (up to 200 hours), and $1,000 for taking the SAT/ACT and more! You can earn up to $88,000 over 4 years through the RaiseMe program from 9th through 12th grade. You must register for this program to begin earning.
Ave Maria University in Florida is offering The Michigan Scholarship, $7,000/year x 4 years, to first-time freshmen residents of the state of Michigan.
ABODO is offering the “Off To College” scholarship - They want to know what you are “taking with you” from home to college, and you could win a $500 scholarship. It could be a physical object, like your favorite sweatshirt, or a lesson your soccer coach taught you; whatever you’re “carrying” to college, share the significance with us and explain the sentimental value and story behind it. To win, describe this item/experience/lesson in a piece no longer than 1000 words, but please include between 1-5 of your own related pictures. Deadline is August 31, 2018.
Discover Student Loans is offering ELEVEN $10,000 scholarships for 2018. Winners will be chosen randomly. Just sign up to receive helpful emails with college resources and you'll be entered to win! Deadline is January 31, 2019.
Fastweb offers a listing of resources including Scholarship Scams, 2017-18 calendar of important testing dates, listing of important contacts, web resources, financial aid information and student loan information. Please click on these links for specific details of the above:
AXA Achievement Scholarship, $1.4 million available (amounts of $2,500, $10,000 and $25,000).
Online Colleges, Degrees, and Scholarships
Our mission is to provide comprehensive, actionable information for:
- High school students headed for traditional two or four-year colleges.
- Adults who wish to improve their career options and earning power by enrolling in online degree or online certificate programs at the undergraduate level.
- Students of all ages interested in enrolling in vocational, technical, and career schools and colleges.
- Undergraduate degree holders seeking a master’s, doctoral, or professional school degree online.
The top ten most popular pages on this site are:
- A page which lists and links to more than 70 free scholarship search sites.
- A page with information on online degree programs and fully accredited online colleges and universities.
- An extremely fast and easy to use online GPA calculator.
- Lists of traditional and online colleges, by state, with links, full contact information, and online applications for admission.
- A list of colleges with programs for students with learning disabilities.
- A student loan calculator which calculates monthly student loan repayments.
- More than 70 helpful articles for students on a variety of topics including college admission, careers, specialty colleges, online degree programs, campus life, scholarships, financial aid, study tips, time management, and more.
- A comprehensive list of Christian colleges, including those that offer online degree programs.
- A complete list of Catholic colleges, including those offering online undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- A state-by-state list (with links) of historically black colleges and universities.
StudentScholarships.org is highlighting many scholarships that will be awarding more than $5 million to students. Criteria and deadlines vary, please pay attention. Some current scholarships are listed below:
- $2,000 (3 awards) NPG Essay Scholarship; deadline is April 20, 2018
- $1,000 (1 award) You Deserve It Scholarship; deadline is Apriil 29, 2018
- $1,000 (1 award) Harris Poll Scholarship; deadline is April 30, 2018
- $10,000 (10 awards) College Scholarship for High School Students; deadline is April 30, 2018
- $5,000 (1 award) VIP Scholarship; deadline is April 30, 2018
- $2,500 (10 awards) Shawn Carter Scholarship; deadline April 30, 2018
- $4,000 (13 awards) AMVETS National Scholarship; deadline April 30, 2018
- $1,000 (1 award) E-Wate Scholarship; deadline April 30, 2018
- $1,000 (2 awards) CARID Scholarship; deadline is April 30, 2018
- $1,000 (1 award) Gabriel & Christine Chiu Review It Scholarship; deadline is June 30, 2018
Local Scholarship Packet
The 2018 Local Scholarship Packet deadline has passed. Scholarships will be awarded at our Honors Convocation Ceremony on May 30, 2018.