Scholarships - LCHS North
Remember to check out the website for the school(s) you're interested in attending. You will find links to scholarships offered at their school.
Bethel College is hosting Music & Theater Scholarship Auditions. Dates and times vary. Contact the music or theater department to schedule your audition.
Scholarships for trade schools in Michigan
Imagine America offers scholarships for trade schools in Michigan. The schools listed below participate in the program. Take a look at these 2 schools to see if either might be a good fit for you or your student. If these schools interest you, request information from them. Remember to ask them about the Imagine America scholarship program as well.
Carnegie Institute (Troy, MI): Healthcare Industry related positions, such as Cardiology Technician, Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Medical Business Specialist.
MIAT College of Technology (Canton, MI): Aviation, energy, global logistics & dispatch, HVACR & wind energy.
Pay attention to individual deadlines for each scholarship!!
The Scholarship Programs below are accepting applications from students. Please read the application instructions on the website carefully before applying.
University of Toledo is accepting scholarships from high school seniors who want to become teachers! The Herb Scholars Program is offering full-time tuition, fees and room and board up to 8 semesters (valued at $82,000)! Application: Deadline is December 1, 2018.
Comcast Leaders & Achievers Scholarship Program will be awarding over 800 scholarships worth $2500 each to students nationwide. Applicants must: Have a demonstrated commitment to community service, outstanding qualities in character, integrity and leadership. Be enrolled as a high-school senior. Reside in a community served by Comcast. Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited 2 or 4-year college or university in the United States. Have a minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale). Demonstrate financial need. Deadline is: December 7, 2018. Learn more and apply!
SeniorAdvice Caregiver Scholarship is offering a $2,000 award for students who have acted as a caregiver to an adult friend or relative in any capacity. Deadline is January 15, 2019. Information on previous scholarship winners is available.
Lawrence Technological University's Scholarship Competition is an opportunity to earn up to $4,000 per year for four years at Lawrence Tech! First step is applying to Lawrence Tech. Second step is writing a 500-word essay (deadline February 1, 2019). The writers of the best essays will be invited to attend the Scholarship Competition on one of several dates in February or March 2019.
The Beauty + Wellness Scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance ($500) to female students who are leading healthy lifestyles. This is a quarterly scholarship offered Sept. 30th, Jan. 1st, March 31st, and June 30th each year.
Who wants to be paid for As & Bs, community service, taking the SAT/ACT? The University of Dayton offers $1,000 for an A, $600 for a B in a core class, $30 for each hour of community service above 15 hours (up to 200 hours), and $1,000 for taking the SAT/ACT and more! You can earn up to $88,000 over 4 years through the RaiseMe program from 9th through 12th grade. You must register for this program to begin earning.
Ave Maria University in Florida is offering The Michigan Scholarship, $7,000/year x 4 years, to first-time freshmen residents of the state of Michigan.
Discover Student Loans is offering ELEVEN $10,000 scholarships for 2018. Winners will be chosen randomly. Just sign up to receive helpful emails with college resources and you'll be entered to win! Deadline is January 31, 2019.
Fastweb offers a listing of resources including Scholarship Scams, 2017-18 calendar of important testing dates, listing of important contacts, web resources, financial aid information and student loan information. Please click on these links for specific details of the above:
AXA Achievement Scholarship, $1.4 million available (amounts of $2,500, $10,000 and $25,000).
Online Colleges, Degrees, and Scholarships
Our mission is to provide comprehensive, actionable information for:
- High school students headed for traditional two or four-year colleges.
- Adults who wish to improve their career options and earning power by enrolling in online degree or online certificate programs at the undergraduate level.
- Students of all ages interested in enrolling in vocational, technical, and career schools and colleges.
- Undergraduate degree holders seeking a master’s, doctoral, or professional school degree online.
The top ten most popular pages on this site are:
- A page which lists and links to more than 70 free scholarship search sites.
- A page with information on online degree programs and fully accredited online colleges and universities.
- An extremely fast and easy to use online GPA calculator.
- Lists of traditional and online colleges, by state, with links, full contact information, and online applications for admission.
- A list of colleges with programs for students with learning disabilities.
- A student loan calculator which calculates monthly student loan repayments.
- More than 70 helpful articles for students on a variety of topics including college admission, careers, specialty colleges, online degree programs, campus life, scholarships, financial aid, study tips, time management, and more.
- A comprehensive list of Christian colleges, including those that offer online degree programs.
- A complete list of Catholic colleges, including those offering online undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- A state-by-state list (with links) of historically black colleges and universities.
StudentScholarships.org is highlighting many scholarships that will be awarding more than $5 million to students. Criteria and deadlines vary, please pay attention. Some current scholarships are listed below:
- $2,000 (4 awards) AmericanMuscle Scholarship Program; deadline is Oct. 15, 2018
- $3,500 (180 awards) Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards; deadline is Oct. 15, 2018
- $15,000 (31 awards) Make the U Scholarship; deadline Oct. 15, 2018
- $1,000 (1 award) Branson Shows Inspired Scholarship; deadline is Oct. 15, 2018
- $20,000 (49 awards) Women's Ministries Scholarship; deadline is Oct. 15, 2018
- $5,000 (100 awards) Wendy's High School Heisman Scholarship; deadline is Oct. 17, 2018
- $100,000 (20 awards) Dr. Pepper Tuition Giveaway; deadline is Oct. 17, 2018
- $1,000 (1 award) You Deserve It Scholarship; deadline is Oct. 29, 2018
- $30,000 (50 awards) Voice of Democracy Scholarship; deadline is Oct. 31, 2018
- $1,00 (1 award) Good360 Sustainability Scholarship; deadline is Oct. 31, 2018
- $30,000 (1 award) Stokes Educational Scholarship; deadline is Oct. 31, 2018
- $10,000 (10 awards) College Scholarship for High School Students; deadline is Oct. 31, 2018
- $5,000 (1 award) VIP Scholarship; deadline is Oct. 31, 2018
- $20,000 (150 awards) Coca-Cola Scholars Program; deadline is Oct. 31, 2018
- $1,000 (1 award) HP Scholarship; deadline is Oct. 31, 2018
- $10,000 (10 awards) SP Scholarships; deadline is Oct. 31, 2018
- $1,000 (1 award) Pinot's Palette Scholarship; deadline is Nov. 1, 2018
- $5,000 (50 awards) Prudential Spirit of Community Awards; deadline is Nov. 6, 2018
- $500 (391 awards) NCWIT Awards for Aspirations in Computing; deadline is Nov. 12, 2018
- $2,500 (11 awards) James Alan Cox Student Photography Scholarships; deadline is Nov. 15, 2018
- $50,000 (7 awards) Real World Design Challenge Scholarships; deadline is Nov. 17, 2018
- $5,000 (5 awards) Sixt Scholarship Program; deadline is Nov. 30, 2018
- $10,000 (1 award) National Space Club Scholarship; deadline is Nov. 30, 2018
- $2,000 (5 awards) Barbara Lotze Scholarships; deadline is Dec. 1, 2018
- $500 (6 awards) Youth Forward Scholarship; deadline is Dec. 1, 2018
- $1,000 (5 awards) North American Van Lines Logistics Scholarship; deadline is Dec. 15, 2018
- $1,100 (1 award) Dolman Law Group Scholarship; deadline is Dec. 29, 2018
- $1,000 (10 awards) SBO Essay Scholarship; deadline is Dec. 31, 2018
- $500 (1 award) 10 words or Less Scholarship; deadline is January 31, 2019
Local Scholarship Packet
The 2018 Local Scholarship Packet deadline has passed. Scholarships will be awarded at our Honors Convocation Ceremony on May 30, 2018.