Scholarship Opportunities - Pankow Center
The 2019 Pankow Center Scholarships application process has closed. Please see below for additional local scholarship offerings as available.
Each year in March, the Frederick V. Pankow Center offers scholarship opportunities for senior students who attend the Pankow Center, and or who are specifically in Career and Technical Education programs. Applications and current offerings will be made available to senior students in their Pankow Center class, or below online.
THE DEADLINE FOR ALL FREDERICK V. PANKOW CENTER SCHOLARSHIPS IS MARCH 22, 2019.
Pankow Center scholarship recipients will recieve an invitation in April via US mail to attend the Pankow Center Honors Night ceremony on Wednesday, May 22, 2019 from 6:30- 8:00 pm.
The following scholarships are open to Senior Career & Technical Education Students at the Pankow Center:
1. Frederick V. Pankow Center Career & Technical Education Scholarship Packet-General. Click here to print application. Submit completed application to Room 301 of the Pankow Center.
2. Frederick V. Pankow Outstanding Senior Scholarship. Availble to any Senior Pankow student.(Minimum 3.0 GPA) Click here to print application. Submit completed application to Room 301 of the Pankow Center.
3. Selfridge Chesterfield Lions Community Service Scholarship. Available to any senior student of the L'Anse Creuse School District. Click here to print application. Submit completed application to Room 301 of the Pankow Center.
4. Glen Peters Memorial Scholarship - For senior students of L'Anse Creuse School District Only. Offered by the LCPS Foundation. See additional instructions below:
Criteria for selection of the FV Pankow Center, Career & Technical Education Scholarships:·
- Must be a L’Anse Creuse High School or L’Anse Creuse High School North student.
- Must be a senior enrolled in a Pankow Center CTE program, and have earned at least (1) one credit by graduation.
- Applicant must have at least a 2.5 grade point average.
- Financial need will be considered.
- Character, citizenship, leadership, and participation in extra-curricular activities will be considered.
- Applicant must attend a career and technical program through a college or technical training school, or a program to earn a minimum of an Associate’s Degree or program certification.
- Two recommendations are required; One from a L’Anse Creuse staff member (use Teacher Recommendation Form) -Submit to room 301.
- One from another non-relative adult. Submit to room 301
- Applicant must complete an additional 100 word typed essay stating why they should be awarded the scholarship.
- Applicant must submit a copy of their transcript and submit it to room 301.
In addition to completing the online questions in the link above, you must also submit your transcript and two recommendations to Mrs. Los in Room 301 of the Pankow Center by the deadline date. Please enclose documents in a sealed envelope with a your name, date, home school and Glen Peters Foundation Scholarship on the front.
State and Local Scholarship Opportunities
- Metro Detroit Youth Day Scholarship-Deadline April 29, 2019
- Michigan Schools & Government Credit Union Scholarships
- Student Scholarships Search
- Student Scholarships
You can also login to Career Cruising and complete a scholarship and financial aide eligibility questionnaire:
Career Cruising - Great website for finding everything you need to know about careers; research job descriptions/conditions, wages, education and earnings, career outlook, colleges, scholarship and financial aide information and eligibility.
Each student username is: lcps-first initial, last name, last 3 digits on your student ID number
Your Password format is: Your school student ID number, (no letters)