The Career Resource Center Room 301
The Career Resource Center provides integral services and resources to support career development activities within L'Anse Creuse Public Schools. The center is located at the Frederick V. Pankow Center in room 301.
The Career Resource Center is staffed by Mrs. Geikas-Los who is certified as a Career Development Facilitator from Oakland University, and holds a Master of Science in Human Resources Administration from Central Michigan University. Mrs. Los is also the Career Cruising Administrator for the district and works directly with students, teachers, and counselors to develop and promote educational plans.
Students can visit Mrs. Los in room 301 of the Pankow Center and get assistance with career and college information, employability skills, resume writing, questions about scholarships, and career search websites. Interested students may stop in Monday through Friday during school hours.
Career Development Facilitator & Career Cruising Administrator
(586) 783-6570 x 1323
Career Information on the Internet
Career Cruising - Great website for looking up job descriptions, job outlook, college and related information.
- Your username is: lcps-first initial, last name, last 3 digits on your student ID number
- Your Password format is: Your school student ID number, (no letters)
You can also e-mail Mrs. Los
Bureau of Labor and Statistics - Career and Labor Market Information from the federal government.
America's Career Infonet - Explore careers and employment information. Includes a video library of occupations.
Career One Stop - Your source for employment information and inspiration. The place to manage your career. Your pathway to career success.
O-NET Online Career Information and Assessments - The O*NET system serves as the nation's primary source of occupational information, providing comprehensive information on key attributes and characteristics of workers and occupations.
- Federal Financial Aid - FinAid was established in the fall of 1994 as a public service. This award-winning site has grown into the most comprehensive annotated collection of information about student financial aid on the web.
- FastWeb - FastWeb, the Internet's leading scholarship search service, helps students make the decisions that shape their lives: choosing a college, paying for college, and finding jobs and internships.
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators - Helpful information and documents to help with planning for college expenses.
Job Search Sites
Resume & Cover Letter Information
- Resume Template 1
- Resume Instructions/Examples
- PRE-Resume Worksheet
- Sample Combination Resume-Retail
- Sample Qualifications Statements
- Sample Accomplishments & Volunteer Statements
- Cover Letter Template
- Resume Action Words -Career Cruising
Tips for the Interview
Ideas for Qualifications for Resumes by CTE Program:
- Automotive Collision & Refinishing Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Construction Technology
- Culinary Arts
- Early Childhood Education
- Graphic Arts & Design Technology
- Horticulture Science
- Health Occupations
- Criminal Justice
- Business Management & Marketing Technology
- Computer Programming/Networking Qualifications
- Teacher Cadet
- Web Design