Back to top
L’Anse Creuse Elementary Music Belief Statements
- Music has a place in the lives of all children.
- Students are encouraged to leave the elementary music program with a desire to further their musical education.
- The elementary music program enables students to develop a lifelong, knowledgeable appreciation of music.
- The elementary music program extends, enriches and supports the total curriculum and the learning process.
National Music Standards
- Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Improvising melodies, variation and accompaniments.
- Composing and arranging music with specified guidelines.
- Reading and notating music.
- Listening to, analyzing and describing music.
- Evaluating music and music performers.
- Understanding relationships between music, the other arts and disciplines outside the arts.
- Understanding music in relation to history and culture.
Mrs. Harmon's Music Page