Skip to page body Home About Us Schools Departments Board of Education Parents
 

How Tenniswood Elementary was named...

Tenniswood Elementary was named after Merle and Thelma Tenniswood who began teaching in Macomb County in the 1930's. Thelma taught 14 years at South River, then transferred to Neil E. Reid where she taught 8 years ending her career in 1970. Merle came to Green School in 1935 where he became Teaching-Principal. During the beginning years at L'Anse Creuse, Mr. Tenniswood served as principal of both Atwood and Green Schools. In 1955, he became principal of Herman Klix School from which he retired in 1970. Together Mr. and Mrs. Tenniswood served the children of our district for over 55 years. Tenniswood School was dedicated on November 17, 1974.

Last updated: 8/13/2012 11:33:04 AM