School Improvement Goals and Strategies:
Lobbestael Parent Survey
Students will increase and improve comprehension skills.
• Professional Development for staff in the areas of teaching comprehension strategies to students
• Progress monitoring of students and support through Response to Intervention (RtI)
• Implementation of the Daily 5 literacy structure and Comprehension, Accuracy, Fluency and Expanding Vocabulary (C.A.F.E.)
All students will increase and improve skills to become fluent readers.
• Small group interventions to provide support for students
• Implementation of the literacy C.A.F.E.
• Oral reading activities through partner reading and reading to cross-grade buddies
All students will show growth in written expression
• Professional Development on the implementation of Writer’s Workshop
• Instruction and modeling of grade level specific objectives and criteria
• Publishing and sharing of writing