The district calendar for the 2016-2017 school year has been established through a tentative agreement with the teachers union. Due to changes in state requirements, the district must add several days to the calendar. Below are the important changes and highlights, we have also attached a user friendly calendar.
- The first day of school is a half day on September 6th.
- There is no school on Election Day, November 8th.
- Thanksgiving break begins after a half day on November 23rd. School resumes November 28th.
- Winter break begins after a half day on December 21st. School resumes January 4th.
- Mid-winter break begins after a half day on February 17th. School resumes February 21st.
- Spring Break begins end of day on March 31st. School resumes April 10th.
- Easter weekend begins end of day April 13th. School resumes is April 17th.
- Memorial Day weekend begins after a half day on May 26th. School resumes May 30th.
- The last day of school is a half day on June 14th.
- Wednesdays will no longer be an early release.
- You will notice an increase in half days throughout the year.
- Eight of the days are for professional development and are replacing the 34 early release Wednesdays in previous years.
- The remaining half days are associated with breaks, exams, the end of a marking period or records days.
- The half days associated with breaks were added to meet the increased day and minute requirements by the state without extending the school year into late June.
2016-2017 District Calendar
Building Schedules - Student and Teacher Time