Early Childhood Programs
It is our belief that children need two things to move through life in a happy and healthy way - a strong sense of self-worth and consistently supportive adults who will be role models.
L'Anse Creuse Public Schools offers a number of excellent early childhood programs tailored to suit both the needs of the parent and the child.
- Great Start Readiness Program- A free preschool for four year olds whose families might not otherwise be able to send them to school. Families qualify by meeting specific criteria. Call (586) 783-6323 Ext. 1301 for more information.
- Head Start - A free preschool program for three and four year old children from low-income families. Call (586) 469-5215 for more information.
- Schedule of Classes - Classes designed for three and four year old children are held at Anna Mae Burdi Early Childhood Center and the L'Anse Creuse Early Childhood Center. Families register in the spring for the following September for this tuition-based program. Call the Burdi Center at (586) 493-5220 ext. 1310 or the L'Anse Creuse Early Childhood Center at (586) 783-6323 for more information.
- Learning Nook- This full-time experience is housed at the Anna Mae Burdi Early Childhood Center in Chesterfield and the L'Anse Creuse Early Childhood Center in Harrison Township. Children three to five years old participate in planned learning activities, lunch, rest and outdoor play. Centers are open from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Call the Burdi Center at (586) 493-5220 ext. 1301 or the L'Anse Creuse Early Childhood Center at (586) 783-6323.
- Before and/or After Care Preschool Care - An extended learning opportunity for preschoolers before and/or after their preschool classes. The program is a prelude to or an extension of one's preschool class with developmentally appropriate learning activities. Call the Burdi Center at (586) 493-5220 ext. 1301 or the L'Anse Creuse Early Childhood Center at (586) 783-6323 for more information.
- Infant and Toddler Care- The new L’Anse Creuse Early Childhood Center features an infant room for children from 6 weeks to 18 months old and a toddler program for ages 18 months to 3 years old. The new facility is located at Graham Elementary, 25555 Crocker Boulevard, with entry off Reimold Street. For more information, please contact Diane Simmons at 586-783-6323 or Lynn Pallach at 586-493-5220, ext. 1310.
- Preschool Preview and First Friends- Offered year round for children and parents to attend together. Call (586) 493-5220 ext. 1310 for more information and locations.