L’Anse Creuse Elementary Music Belief Statements
1. Music has a place in the lives of all children.
2. Students are encouraged to leave the elementary music program with a desire to further their musical education.
3. The elementary music program enables students to develop a lifelong, knowledgeable appreciation of music.
4. The elementary music program extends, enriches and supports the total curriculum and the learning process
National Music Standards
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variation and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music with specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performers.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.