What is a Restructured Day?
Why is L'Anse Creuse Restructuring the school day?
- Every Wednesday is shorter and the rest of the school days will be longer.
- Each School Building will provide updates on actual start and end times.
How is the time being used?
- The Restructured Day will allow teachers:
To work collaboratively to enhance and expand teaching and learning strategies.
- To prepare our students for their future and the demands of an ever-changing workforce and to be productive members in a global society, schools must be an educational system that is rigorous, relevant, and highly effective.
How will this impact instructional time?
- Teachers will have 90 minutes each Wednesday to develop curriculum, share and compare successful instructional practices, and learn new instructional strategies.
- This will ensure L'Anse Creuse students are getting the best education available.
Will childcare be provided?
- Instructional time will increase! Fifteen minutes was added to the instructional day.
- On Wednesdays, 60 minutes will be subtracted from the student's day, balancing out student instructional time.
- Teachers will work an expanded day every Wednesday, collaborating together for 90 minutes as they work towards common school and classroom improvement objectives.
- Restructuring the day maximizes instructional time usage, while reducing the number of half days utilized in previous years.
Will extra-curricular activities be impacted?
- Understanding the need for reliable childcare services, the district will continue to offer SACC for L'Anse Creuse families.
- SACC tuition rate scales will remain the same (additional charges may be incurred for special events).
- If you would like more information on enrolling in SACC, visit your local elementary's webpage or contact our SACC program at: 586-493-6330 extension 1103.
Important to Remember
- Yes. On Wednesdays, coaches, music directors and club sponsors employed as teachers in L'Anse Creuse will be involved in the restructured day activities.
- This means that practices and other activities will begin at the completion of the staff development and work time.
- The decision to restructure the school day is based on best practices and research.
- Individual start/end times and transportation schedules will be communicated via your child's school building prior to the start of the second semester.
- Questions related to individual building schedules should be directed to the building office staff.
Last updated: 3/8/2013 3:09:40 PM