Skip to page body Home About Us Schools Departments Board of Education Parents


Questions related to Student Enrollment should be directed to:

Lynn Sobczak, Secretary, Student and Information Services
586.783.6300  Ext. 1246         586.307.3583  Fax

The L'Anse Creuse Public Schools' environment is one that encourages thoughtful inquiry, stimulates excitement about growth and learning and fosters motivation. This environment is best shaped through caring interaction and collaboration among students, educators, parents and other community members. L'Anse Creuse Public Schools serves residents in Harrison Township and portions of Clinton Township, Chesterfield and Macomb as well as sections of Mount Clemens and St. Clair Shores, totaling 37 square miles of northeast Macomb County, Michigan.

The following forms are for your convenience to view and print to expedite the enrollment process. The Individual Enrollment Forms are fillable and can be typed and then printed. Each school may also have additional forms necessary to complete registration.  Also, please see the Updated Residency Guidelines listed below.

I want to attend L’Anse Creuse Public Schools (LCPS) 
Interested in attending LCPS?
Live within the boundaries? ~ Live outside the boundaries?
Please click on the link above for more information on enrollment criteria.

 . . . .


 During the school year, please enroll at the school your child will be attending.

Enrollment Packets


Enrollment Packet - Print Enrollment Packet - Elementary above.
Kindergarten Enrollment Fair 2017-2018 - Parent Flyer
Hearing and Vision Testing for Incoming Kindergarteners
Kindergarten Waiver Request 2017-2018

For the 2017-18 school year a child who resides in a public school district or public school academy providing kindergarten may enroll in kindergarten if the child is at least 5 years of age on SEPTEMBER 1, 2017.

IF a child residing in a school district is NOT 5 years of age on SEPTEMBER 1, 2017, BUT will be 5 years of age not later than December 1 of the school year, the parent or legal guardian of that child may enroll the child in kindergarten for the school year IF they notify the school district in writing not later that June 1 prior to the beginning of the school year.

IF a child not 5 years of age on the SEPTEMBER 1, 2017 BUT will be 5 years of age not later that December 1 of a school year, BECOMES A RESIDENT OF THE SCHOOL DISTRICT AFTER JUNE 1, the parent or legal guardian of that child may enroll the child in kindergarten for the school year if they notify the school district in writing not later than AUGUST 1 prior to the beginning of the school year.

 Individual Enrollment Forms:

New Student Enrollment Form
Affirmation of Prior Discipline Record
Request for Educational Records
Student Residency
Student Technology Agreement
Understanding Concussion
Volunteer Regulations Form
Statement of Varicella Disease
Indian Education Grant Consortium 
Limited Financial Resources Opportunity Form
Military Connected Survey
MHSAA Athletics Form (High School only)
PowerSchool Parent Portal Agreement (Secondary only)


 Additional Forms:

Photographs and Videotaping Information
Media Release Denial Form 16-17 
Media Release Denial Form 17-18
Address Change (For current students who move anytime during the school year)

Requirements for Enrollment

Please be prepared by having the following information with you at the time of your registration/appointment: School will make copies as needed.
  • Original, Certified Birth Certificate
  • Immunization records
  • Name and address of former school
  • Divorce/Custody papers (if applicable)
  • Parent identification (Driver's License)
  • Proof of Residency:  See Residency Guidelines below.
  • Student's most recent report card or transcript
  • Current IEP (Special Education only)
  • Completed enrollment forms. Buildings will have copies available if you are unable to access.
Kindergarten students must also provide:
  • Vision and Hearing Screening 

Registration is done at the school which your child(ren) will be attending. Please contact the school to make an appointment or to get more information. Click here for building locations


Residency Guidelines

Proof of Residency.  Two pieces of proof are required. 

    1.  Original proof of home ownership:

              Mortgage Statement or current property tax statement or 
              if renting:  original signed lease with parent listed on lease *.

                  * If not, must have completed Statement of Landlord with parent and students listed.

(parent name must match student’s birth certificate – additional documentation may be required, i.e. marriage license or divorce decree)


   2.  Any one item listed (MUST be original documents, current and dated within 30 days of registration)

            Utility bill, State of Michigan document, cell phone bill, current automobile
            loan or lease, insurance statement or bank statement.

 The above are examples; other proofs may be deemed acceptable.

 If you cannot meet the above requirements, you will have to complete a Residential Affidavit to prove residency (see below)


 Residential Affidavit

All Residential Affidavits will be issued and renewed by the Student and Information Services Department located at the Administration Building. Both the parent and the resident must be present, sign paperwork and provide necessary documentation. These affidavits are only valid for the current school year and must be renewed in June. 

** If a renewal, parent need to bring a bank statement, insurance papers, voter's registration card, US postal change of address or credit card statement AND Driver's License showing CURRENT address or Passport if not US citizen.

The two types of Residential Affidavits are:

If the entire family moves in with a resident of L'Anse Creuse:

If just the child is living with a relative (for the purposes of a suitable home only):
The Student and Information Services Department is open Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. ~ NO APPOINTMENT IS NEEDED.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Download Acrobat Reader Download Flash Player Download QuickTime Download Windows Media Player Download Microsoft Silverlight Download Word Viewer Download Excel Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer
Last updated: 12/6/2017 11:45:40 AM